Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Big Buddy

sckayla is a jewel in the rough
Default Can anyone help?

Hi everyone, I wanted to know if anyone can help one unit down from me and Missy there unit (military house) went up in flames last night and they lost everything even there cars. I asked Karen if I could post if any one would or could donate anything to them. They have 2 children ages 5 and 8. They not only lost everything but they also lost there pet (dog). I know this may be alot to ask but Missy and I would like to do anything we could to help them. We have also asked the Gym (MWR) to post something to let people know about what happened and donations would be great.
Thanks,
Stacy glow
Old 02-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Big Buddy

Default paypal & home address

Hi again everyone,
If anyone is able to donate money donations can be sent to paypal email kunzelma@earthlink.net or if you would like to mail it the address is:
11 Von Steuben Street
Goose Creek, SC 29445

Thanks again,
Stacy
Old 02-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Stacy,

Would they be interested in receiving stuff? Like clothes or toys for the kids, household items? Can we mail that to you so they get it?
Old 02-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Big Buddy

Karen, Thanks for asking, yes, anything would help them out.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:36 AM
Big Buddy

jennzenn is a special memberjennzenn is a special member
Smile Have you tried freecycle.com?

Just a thought but i belong to this really great group called freecycle.com it once you join you can narrow your group according to your location all across the united states and most people are really willing to give. you can post your needs and even offer things to others. great way to get rid of things you are not using any longer. I have been a member for little over year and have helped when people looking for things and even gave lots of stuff away. I think you will really like it give it a try. glow
Old 02-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

That's a really good idea. You could probably get stuff quick that way, too!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Big Buddy

Default freecycle

Thanks, I did go and post in the Goose Creek Freecycle. Missy and I have been working on this all day going around to different places asking for any donations we can get for them. Thanks again for all your help. glow
Old 02-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Big Buddy

jennzenn is a special memberjennzenn is a special member

Great!! Hope you enjoy. Also would it be possible to keep us updated of what is needed ( i know big job but just a rough idea). That way you dont get lots of things and nothing of others that may be needed.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:06 AM
Big Buddy

Default Donations So far

I will be sure to keep you all updated on all donations. So far donations are $500.00 Wal-Mart card from Marrington Elementary school, $100.00 food lion card. Another neighbor has taken some picture of the house (the condition it is now) and I hope to be able to get either the pictures she has taken or I will try and take some and post them for everyone. Thanks again for all your help.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:58 AM
New Buddy

apneujahr is a jewel in the rough

Hey there sckayla! I sent you a private msg about some clothes and stuff.... i just wanted ask another question... when is a good time to stop them by?

Last edited by apneujahr : 02-06-2006 at 12:04 PM.