1. Egg Nog, apple cider, or Hot Chocolate? EGG NOG (EXTRA NOG, PLEASE)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? (SANTA DOES NOT WRAP. . .HE AND HIS ELVES ARE MUCH TO BUSY TO WRAP PRESENTS)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? (DEPENDS ON MY MOOD IN ANY GIVEN YEAR)
4. Do you hang mistletoe? (SOMETIMES...THE KIDS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO SHOOT MISTLETOE OUTTA THE TREES, PUT IT IN A BAGGIE AND HAWK IT TO THE NEIGHBORS FOR A BUCK A BAG <BLUSH>)
5. When do you put your decorations up? (USED TO DO IT A COUPLE OF WEEKS BEFORE CHRISTMAS, NOW WE DO IT OVER THANKSGIVING WEEKEND, OR AT LEAST WE USUALLY START IT THEN. . .THIS YEAR, WE MAY JUST NOT HAVE ANY DECORATION)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? (<GASP> HOW CAN YOU EXCLUDE DESSERT? I'VE BEEN KNOWN TO SKIP DINNER, JUST SO I CAN JUSTIFY DESSERT!) HMM...IF I AM TO PLAY BY YOUR RULES, I'D HAVE TO GO WITH A NICE THICK SLICE OF THE STANDING RIB ROAST.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I SWEAR, I HONESTLY SWEAR THAT ONE YEAR I SAW SANTA CLAUS AND HIS REINDEER OUTSIDE MY 2ND STORY WINDOW (I THINK I HAD A HIGH FEVER THAT YEAR)!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? WHAT TRUTH? I STILL WANT TO BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS, EVEN THO SOME CRUEL 3D OR 4TH GRADER TRIED TO DISSUADE ME.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? ONE GIFT ON CHRISTMAS EVE, JUST TO TEMPER A BIT OF THE PRE-CHRISTMAS TENSION.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? USUALLY HAVE A COLOR "THEME" AND RUN WITH THAT.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? LOVE!!! THE SNOW. . .HATE THE ICE AFTER THE SNOW MELTS
12. Can you ice skate? I GREW UP IN THE DESERT SOUTHWEST. WE DINT EVEN HAVE A SKATING RINK TILL I GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL. I HAVE TO ADMIT, ALSO, THAT I HAVE SPAGHETTI ANKLES, SO NO, I DON'T SKATE (ICE OR ROLLER).
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? ERMM. . .SIGH. . .NO, I DON'T REMEMBER.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? FRIENDS, FAMILY, COOKING, SHARING, SINGING, SHOPPING (WELL, MOST OF THE TIME), EATING, DRINKING, LAUGHING, I JUST LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE HOLIDAYS.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? JESUS' BIRTHDAY CAKE.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? WELL, OUR TRADITIONS HAVE CHANGED OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS. I USED TO LOVE WATCHING THE KIDS OPEN THEIR PRESENTS, FOLLOWED BY BRUNCH FOR THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD AND HAVING THE NEIGHBORS COME BY AND EXCHANGING SMALL GIFTS AND ENJOYING SMALL TALK AND FOOD WITH THEM.
17. What tops your tree? AN ANGEL.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? BOTH!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? IT CAME UPON A MIDNIGHT CLEAR.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? SOMETIMES YUCK, SOMETIMES YUM, ALTHOUGH I'D RATHER USE THEM AS DECORATION THAN EAT THEM.