Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2006, 12:55 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default The children are nestled all snug in the shopping cart. . .

. . .stockboys block the aisles with crates of wares (supply frantically trying to keep up with demand), people are still leaving their carts in the middle of the grocery store isle to chit-chat with a friend, neighbor, or complete stranger. . .the last item in your grocery list is either not carried by the store, is blatently missing from that empty spot on the barrren shelf, or is the last one, now in the hand of the shopper whose hand you just touched.

Funny thing tho. . .everyone is smiling, even strangers are comparing notes on how tired they are, how horrible the Muzak is, what they most like about Christmas, their favorite thing to eat or cook (their least favorite too), offering to let YOU have that last item on the shelf, which is the one they just took, helping you pick up the 14 packages of semi-sweet morsels that your adorable and loving child "accidentally" (honest mom, I swear I didnt mean to do it) pulled off the shelf, and even the kids are getting along a little better and longer than usual.

The hubby (who just couldn't handle the 1-1/4 hour shopping trip and hadda wait it out in the car) asks you to phone him on the cell phone so he can pick you up at the front door (ain't he sweet? ), and the person who can't get around him when he stops to pick you up because he didn't pull over quite far enough isn't yelling and screaming or making hand gestures.

Even with all that. . .we still have ice skating and snow tubing (even if it is on artificial snow), school plays, church programs and holiday parties to look forward to.

Gee, I really do love the holiday season. God bless us, every one! santasmilie

What is your single mostest favorite thing about this time of year?

Last edited by MagiePerdu : 12-09-2006 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member
ShoppingSmiley

That was beautifully worded and I think you really hit the nail on the head..when everyone reaches deep down inside and treats each other with compassion and kindness. That's my favorite part of this time of year!

Lori Ann
Old 12-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Big Buddy

emtluvs2cook is on a distinguished road

my favorite thing is the smell....what is cooking. That is what i remember most about growing up. not the presents, smelling the food.

I'm easy to please, so big gifts aren't necessary. As long as it has paper on it
last year my son who was 3 , bought me dishcloths with his own money and wrapped each seperately. Love it.

I also like not rushing or being in a hurry to shop. i like being finished before december [not this year unfortunately, ] then sitting back through december and enjoying the season. Looking at the christmas tree at night, riding around to see the christmas lights. Browsing a store with no pressure and enjoying the atmosphere. i don't like hectic at all. And we never get our kids everything they want either. Some , but never all and we always make them "earn" some money doing things around the house, like 5 or 10 dollars and then take them shopping to get a toy to drop off at toys for tots. Makes them more appreciative.

glow Good friends make you smile...even when you don't feel like smiling glow
Old 12-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

I'm With You Leanne............i Don't Need Anything Big...........i Like The More Simple Things In Life........
Old 12-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

I'd just like to have a happy holiday season for a change.

No big or expensive gifts required.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:07 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

all i want is to see my kids happy. i am not getting much this year. probably 1 gift from jesse and my parents. but i dont care. my gift is the trip to disney for the kids. my parents are coming down too so we can spend christmas together. that is all i want. small and sweet. christmas is not about presents anyways. these days it seems like that is all that people are concerned with. not me. i just want to be together with my family.
oh, and some really yummy food would be nice too.....lol
Old 12-10-2006, 04:27 AM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

I like the fact that, as a society, we are all involved in something together. Most of us are so seperate during the year - everyone is involved in their own little world. At this time of year, we all are sort of on the same agenda. Yards are decorated, trees twinkle in windows, kids line up to see Santa, and most everyone, beneath sleep deprived eyes, has a look of hope and charity.There's a sense of community and compassion.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:16 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernan0
I like the fact that, as a society, we are all involved in something together. Most of us are so seperate during the year - everyone is involved in their own little world. At this time of year, we all are sort of on the same agenda. Yards are decorated, trees twinkle in windows, kids line up to see Santa, and most everyone, beneath sleep deprived eyes, has a look of hope and charity.There's a sense of community and compassion.
A beautiful thought, well put. I imagine most of us feel the same way. These feelings sort of offset the worldwide chaos, fear and bewilderment we are all experiencing. . .it's nice to have a deep seated love of mankind come to the fore and balance all that out.

I will be traveling to see my children during the holidays and I couldn't have a better gift. It's taken some deep scratching to find a way to fund gifties for the kids and grandkids, but a little doing without can be good for the soul. My soul is benefitting greatly from the warmth and closeness family will bring this season. I wish you all the same happiness I will be feeling.