Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2006, 10:52 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Thank you all so much for the prayers.
I have not made it to my cows so have no idea how they are.
My Dad got his big loader out, i am now able to get my 2 4 wheel drive pickups out, Dad is headed to his pasture were he little heifers are, these are the ones we are most worried about because there is not much for shelter where they are. They should be calling me on the cell soon I hope. Mom followed him in the pickup, I had him get me where I can get out if they need help.
This is awful here guys, I had a monster of an asthma attack digging outside and collapsed...I am so drained emotionally and physically I had to come in. I get so frustrated at my lungs for not letting me get done what I need to. Just trying to walk in snow that is up to your ninnies is very tiring. I am ok, I just did too much and plan to stay in til I get a second wind and when I do I will moved slower and try not to be superwoman. We have 1--15 foot drifts and they are scary! I used a scoop shovel and made a path to one of my pickups then Dad made me a path to another. The snow was up over the hood of my pickup, it is an extended cab big F250 and it looked very small. It is loaded with hay, I just need a path to get to my cows. I will update again later...
Old 12-31-2006, 11:49 AM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member
Talking

Don't overdo it!!! You will be no good to yourself or anyone else if you get sick or hurt. Hang in there honey! Keep us posted as you are able!! ((hugs))

Lori Ann
Old 12-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Anxiously waiting for your next update, hon. Praying that the storm
has passed and you all have a chance to get to the animals to feed
them. Checked the weather channel and looks like more snow is
headed your way at the end of this week. Praying the forecasters
are wrong.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

sweetie in my next life I want to be as strong as you.........
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:20 PM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Well friends..it's 1 1/2 til dark and my parents aren't even close to the heifers. Mom has been looking through the scope on Dads rifle and she said she sees the heifers!!!!! Some alive and looks as if some are dead. They are a long ways off so hopefully she is just seeing them napping!...trying to be positive.
I am an emotional wreck! I feel so damned helpless and all I have done the last hour is cry. All our cattle are starving and I can't get to them. There is no site or word of ANYONE coming this way to help us. They are still rescueing people from their cars which I know is MUCH more important. I just keep picturing my cows the 11 head that have had their calves I keep picturing them Mommas nudging their babies trying to keep them moving and dry. I know the helpless feeling as a Mom when my son Wester was only 3 and had cancer. I could not save him. I could care less about the money we will lose with every dead animal. Granted when that payment comes around it will hurt, but I don't think about that. All 39 head of my Mommas have names, I have named them all and they love to eat the cubes/cow cake out of my hands, they are my pets, my best friends. I am so scared. The NOT knowing is getting the best of me right now. God help us.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:39 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

I heard the Nat'l Guard was out in helicopters BUT looking for stranded motorists.

Pace yourself Christy.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:28 PM
Big Buddy

Oceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising star

Jesus...you are in a horrible crisis here. If I was there I'd try to help you in any way. God, I hope the animals are ok. Obviously the storm was a sudden thing and you couldn't get the animals in a sheltered area. I know nothing about this so that's a question. I hope and pray things work out.....
Old 12-31-2006, 03:48 PM
Mentor

Dru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to all

I feel so bad for you and helpless too because there is no way for me to help you. Please don't overdo and hurt yourself. I can only imagine how scary that is with snow that deep. I hope your cattle can survive this and I pray that you don't get hit with more snow.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Like Bev, I have no firsthand knowledge of snow storms so bad that you can't walk where you want to, or anything about feeding or taking care of cattle. What I do know is that my heart goes out to you and that my prayers continue to lift you up. You are obviously a strong woman...take shelter in what you know how to do, stay warm and dry yourself, and try to maintain as positive an outlook as possible (I know...much easier said than done). God keep you safe!
Old 12-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

Dear Take A PACED TREK YOU CAN'T OVER DO. THAT WILL NOT HELP ANYONE, STAY WARM BE SAFE WITH YOUR LUNGS..THE FRIDGE AIR CAN'T BE DOING YOU GOOD. PRAYERS ARE BEING SAID FOR YOU AND ALL. SAVE YOUR STRENGTH AND NOURISH YOURSELF..WISH THERE WAS SOMETHING WE COULD DO FOR YOU.. PRAYERS ARE OUR ANSWER NOW! STAY SAFE...HUGS, GRAMS