Originally Posted by SNOWBEAR3
. . .
1. Chocolate can be toxic in large amounts - especially the baking chocolate. Even small amounts can cause nausea and vomiting in some dogs.
. . .
Keep the pets safe and enjoy the Holiday!
A few years ago, my dear, sweet Taz-puppy (afghan hound. . .very tall dog) almost died from eating chocolate. I had been baking and left the dark cooking chocolate on the counter. I guess Taz could smell it, 'cause it had disappeared when I got home. I couldn't figger where it had gone and decided I had yet again just simply lost my mind. Soon, though, Nala's nose got REAL pink, and she started acting VERY weird and throwing up. I took her to the vet and the vet asked if I'd been feeding her chocolate. It still didn't click right away, but then I soon had a D'OH moment and realized Nala had eaten all that chocolate!! When I 'fessed up to the vet, she said I was very lucky not to have lost Nala!
Thank you for the timely reminder to WATCH THAT CHOCOLATE, Irene.