03-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Corned Beef and Potato Bake (for your leftover corned beef)
Corned Beef and Potato Bake
Heat oven to 375°. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish or 2 1/2-quart casserole. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until tender.
Stir in remaining butter, the thyme, and diced corned beef; sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in mustard and set aside.
Press the potatoes lightly in the baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper, and then top the potatoes with about half of the shredded Swiss cheese; spoon the corned beef mixture over the cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the corned beef mixture. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until hot and lightly browned. This will take a little longer if you prepare this in advance and take it right from the refrigerator.
- 3 cups diced leftover corned beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard or grainy mustard
- 16 to 24 ounces hash brown potatoes, thawed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
"resident shameless hussie"