Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Big Buddy

SNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIP
Default Reminder- 3 Easter Items dangerous to your pets!

Happy Easter!

As many of you get together with family and friends to celebrate Easter there will be lots of good food, chocolate bunnies, Easter eggs and many other festive decorations.

Did you know that there is a traditional Easter decoration that can be very dangerous to both dogs and cats?

Well there is. The biggest Easter danger to dogs is toxicity from Easter Lily ingestion. Eating Easter Lilies can cause kidney failure and be fatal (it is more dangerous to cats but can also affect dogs). So keep your dogs (and especially your cats away) from Easter Lilies (I don't even bring them into my home).

There are a couple of other Easter dangers that you should be aware of: chocolate and the plastic grass in the Easter basket.

1. Chocolate can be toxic in large amounts - especially the baking chocolate. Even small amounts can cause nausea and vomiting in some dogs.

2. Another dangerous item in the Easter basket is the plastic grass. The grass is not digestible and can cause a gastrointestinal "obstruction" that can be life-threatening

Keep the pets safe and enjoy the Holiday!
Old 03-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

thanks.........
Old 03-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWBEAR3 View Post
Happy Easter!

. . .

1. Chocolate can be toxic in large amounts - especially the baking chocolate. Even small amounts can cause nausea and vomiting in some dogs.

. . .

Keep the pets safe and enjoy the Holiday!
A few years ago, my dear, sweet Taz-puppy (afghan hound. . .very tall dog) almost died from eating chocolate. I had been baking and left the dark cooking chocolate on the counter. I guess Taz could smell it, 'cause it had disappeared when I got home. I couldn't figger where it had gone and decided I had yet again just simply lost my mind. Soon, though, Nala's nose got REAL pink, and she started acting VERY weird and throwing up. I took her to the vet and the vet asked if I'd been feeding her chocolate. It still didn't click right away, but then I soon had a D'OH moment and realized Nala had eaten all that chocolate!! When I 'fessed up to the vet, she said I was very lucky not to have lost Nala!

Thank you for the timely reminder to WATCH THAT CHOCOLATE, Irene.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

I have read that white chocolate isn't dangerous for dogs.. pets in general/. But do know that chocolate is very dangerous for animals. I hope ev1 keeps their pets safe...hugs,
Old 03-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Mentor

Dru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to all

Thanks for the reminder!
Old 03-23-2008, 12:49 AM
Big Buddy

tressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud of

Thanks Mary! I don't like Easter Lilies, remembered about the chocolate but completely forgot about the fake grass.

My cats and dog & I appreciate the reminder.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIP

Thank you!
Old 03-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Big Buddy

bikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIP

Yes..Thank you..knew about the Chocolate also
and certain plant`s but not the grass
Old 04-05-2009, 12:19 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

Old 04-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Big Buddy

beanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIP

yup, gotta keep this stuff in mind, and let visitors (especially with kids) know, so they dont feed your pet something