Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Big Buddy

Kathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributer
0sign0037 looking for paper sausage casings

Hoping that some of my MBB friends can help me in a search for paper sausage casings.

In the recipe forum I described a sausage that my grandma used to make at Easter time. Now I need some casings to make the sausage myself. Years ago we used natural casings but they are getting harder to come by and costly. My grandma is from Upper Michigan and we used to buy the paper casings from a grocery store in the UP. I'm hoping that someone knows of a place that I can purchase these. My mom tells me that they need to be 5-6inches in diameter and approximately 21 inches long, give or take.

I'd appreciate any help I can get, the sooner the better if I'm going to make this for this Easter. If the help comes later, I'll just plan on next year.

Thanks.

Kathy
Old 03-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Big Buddy

Lorri is a jewel in the rough

I have never heard of paper casings - are they edible? I make deer sausage and use collagen casing, it is edible - I know I didn't spell it right - I get the casings at the butcher, not the grocery store butcher, you'll have to go to a meat market - they aren't expensive either - approx 7 dollars and change for a package. they are about 4 1/2 to 5 inches around. I am sure you can get them online, just not sure where to look - they have no flavor at all.
If you find the paper ones please post a link, I'd like to check it out - Lorri
Old 03-19-2007, 05:52 AM
Big Buddy

Kathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributer

Paper casings, also known as fibrous casings, are not edible. I did find a company in Detroit that carries paper casings, but I'm not sure if it's exactly what I'm looking for. Here's the site that I found.

http://www.butcher-packer.com/pages-...ngs-clear.html

Kathy
Old 03-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Big Buddy

Lorri is a jewel in the rough

They are much cheaper - and that is a pretty cool site, they have everything!

Thanks for posting back - Lorri