Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2006, 11:59 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Wowmarker What is the most "cheapskate-y" thing YOU do?

Are You Really Frugal?speechless I have a ways to go

From Pat Veretto,Your Guide to Frugal Living.

Ways to know if you're really frugal

You know you're frugal when you...
... go window shopping at the thrift store.

...keep trying to reuse that glob of sticky stuff with which the fake credit card was attached to the sales material.

...take the long way through the parking lot back to the car in hopes that you'll find money on the ground.

...try to find ways to "make do" until the next sale on toilet paper.

...estimate how long you'll be gone from a room so you'll know whether it's cheaper to turn out the light or leave it on to avoid a spike in electric consumption.

...lightly use the eraser on your pencil so you won't use it up before the pencil is used up.

...refuse to resharpen a pencil until the lead wears almost to the wood.

...save the elastic from your old underwear to use on your new (homemade) underwear.

...take your shoes off when you come into the house for the purpose of saving wear on them.

...save thread from the seams of clothes you're cutting up for rags - to darn your socks.

...use saved fast food ketchup to flavor soup, and put a little water in the package to get the last of it out.

...save the salt in the bottom of pretzel bags to reuse.

...won't take a shower when it's dark to save on the electricity it takes to light the bathroom.

...go to bed an hour early to save on electricity.

...you rejoice when the electric blanket goes out because now you have all that wire to tie up tomatoes or make a mini clothesline. (Of course you remove it carefully; you'll still use the blanket to keep warm.)

...plan your children to be born after Christmas and before New Year's so you can take the full deduction for them for that year without having the expense.

Are you really frugal?
Old 02-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Big Buddy

Stubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud of

not buying cereal unless I have a coupon and it is on sale
Old 02-27-2006, 12:08 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Yeahmarker

Does your grocer mark down cereal when the box was accidentally cut with the boxcutter? If the plastic liner is intact...yippee! Then I use a double or triple coupon and get it free or for pennies. My kids did not know cereal came any other way for years!speechless
Old 02-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer

I can definitely say I've never tried ANY of those things listed (thank goodness). LOL I'm not really that frugal...just can't pass up a good deal. I'm all about clearance/bargain shopping whether it be online or in the stores. And I don't stock up on sales items unless it's just *that* good. The only thing I'm "reusing" right now are my personal checks. I had just started using a brand new box about 1-2 weeks before I got married. The address is still good, but I have to mark out my name every check I write. LOL I was too cheap to throw away $20 of new checks and then purchase more, especially since I plan on moving later this year.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

My mother's dad used to seperate the 2 plys of toilet paper onto seperate rolls.

I always buy damaged boxes, if they are there. (There is usually a spot in the freezer section for damaged boxes too...Frozen blueberry pancakes for 25¢ because the corners were crushed in!)

I limit make-up use to 5 days a month.

I refuse to buy anything unless it is on sale.

I put the unpopped kernels of popcorn from the popper back in the bag to be popped next time.

Save all the bits left from bar soap, put them together to make a new bar of soap.

I changed all my bills to e-delivery. (Most companies give you a $1-$5 discount for doing this.)

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Big Buddy

My grandma made tomato soup for my mom and uncle with ketchup packets she got free from McDonalds.

-FLW
Old 02-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

I look at the pricing labels at the grocery store to see the "price per ounce" on the stuff I buy. The larger sized items aren't always cheaper per ounce than the smaller sized ones.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
I changed all my bills to e-delivery. (Most companies give you a $1-$5 discount for doing this.)
Must be nice! I don't get any discounts for that or for paying online or before the due date, etc. Oh well...at least I know I'm not getting late charges. LOL
Old 02-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen
I look at the pricing labels at the grocery store to see the "price per ounce" on the stuff I buy. The larger sized items aren't always cheaper per ounce than the smaller sized ones.

I love the way they do that!!

-FLW
Old 02-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Big Buddy

Rhendi is a jewel in the rough

Lindsey...that toilet paper one has to be the craziest one I've ever heard! oh man thats halarious!

Im not really sure what I do that would be considered a spectacular thing..LOL

I won't buy things unless its on sale or on the clearance rack. Even offline I don't buy stuff if its not on the clearance category! or a GREAT sale posted by Karen!

I don't know if alot of people do this or not but i reuse my vegetable oil..after im done cooking, i let it cool and strain it out to get the stuff out of it and reuse it next time!

Hmm...I'll have to try to think of more..