Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Big Buddy

Rhendi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen
I look at the pricing labels at the grocery store to see the "price per ounce" on the stuff I buy. The larger sized items aren't always cheaper per ounce than the smaller sized ones.

Oh I definitely do that too! my husband thinks I'm nuts because I'm always trying to figure out the ounces on EVERYthing! rockin
Old 02-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by manda40475
Must be nice! I don't get any discounts for that or for paying online or before the due date, etc. Oh well...at least I know I'm not getting late charges. LOL

Aww! SBC is the best...if you have SBC and their services (Dish Network, Cingulair, etc.) and you combine all the bills into one, you get $5 off. I only have SBC though, but I still get $2 off for having a non-paper bill. But alas, you are in KY, you prolly have Qwest or some other middle-America phone company...

I pay them a month ahead of time so I don't get extra late charges, finance charges, etc. They don't give me credit for that either. I estimate my bill (considering the previous one) and add $2 and pay that amount...makes me feel like my bills are less to when I get the e-mail, because I'm usually overpaying them.

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-27-2006, 11:33 AM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhendi
Lindsey...that toilet paper one has to be the craziest one I've ever heard! oh man thats halarious!
Yeah, he also used to monitor all their food by marking the levels on the sides of the milk cartons, ice cream containers, etc. That guy is a loon. speechless

Quote:
I don't know if alot of people do this or not but i reuse my vegetable oil..after im done cooking, i let it cool and strain it out to get the stuff out of it and reuse it next time!
My mom did that my entire life! I only use olive oil and after about twice it starts to get yucky.

-FLW
Old 02-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Big Buddy

Rhendi is a jewel in the rough

I've never done that with Olive oil! Usually when I use olive oil its for sauteeing stuff or putting in my sauce or pasta water so its not reusable like that to strain!
Old 02-27-2006, 12:09 PM
Big Buddy

Love2seeClay is a jewel in the rough
Default My Mil ....

Not me - but my MIL is absolutely the biggest cheapskate you've ever seen. I have been with my dh for almost 9 years now. In NINE years the woman has NEVER ordered her own meal when we eat out. She spends 15 minutes fighting with FIL over what he is going to order so they can share. The conversation starts "What are you going to get." FIL will answer with what he wants and she will fight because it was not what she wanted to get. It is not because they don't have the money - they have plenty. She just doesn't want to buy 2 meals so she makes FIL share everything!!

Then after the meal - she will get a to-go box and take everyones leftovers for herself. For instance - she takes my leftover chicken and a few steamed veggies, BIL's 3 bites of leftover mashed potatoes, someone else's leftovers... It's kind of gross to me. But whatever...speechless I have also seen her take leftover nachos and reheat them a couple of days later - now we all know you can NOT reheat nacho chips in the microwave. Bleccchhh. So she has these soggy chips covered in nacho junk. GROSS!!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Rhonda's mom used to wash out Ziploc baggies and reuse them.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member

Lol....I really enjoyed reading all the comments here - and yes I have done some of them...

I subscribe to a couple of excellent frugal living e-letters and I guess the most important thing I've learned from them is this.

Frugal living is not doing without rather it's learning the difference between wanting things and needing things. It's about streamlining your life so that you can spend more time with your family and less time making a buck.

I say a dollar saved is $2.00 earned.

Lori Ann
Old 02-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Big Buddy

chloe21 is a jewel in the rough

I reuse dryer sheets!!!
Old 02-27-2006, 01:11 PM

Rhonda is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
You made me laugh with that memory Karen I don't do that but I will cram everything into a smaller ziploc so not to use a bigger size and be wasteful.
Old 02-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Big Buddy

Quote:
My grandma does that still!!

-FLW