06-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Top 10 Food Trends in 2007
According to Food Technology,
the Top 10 Food Trends in 2007 are:
- Dining In – Economic pressures are among the factors causing Americans to eat and cook more dishes at home.
- Food Talk – Word-of-mouth has become a key factor in the success of new food products. Celebrity chefs are encouraging more adventuresome cooking.
- Form & Function – Reducing the number of steps in food preparation is a surefire way to increase product sales.
- Sense Appeal – There’s a new trend toward texture, crispness, and crunch.
- Kidding Around – The number of young children is growing; baby foods are even taking on gourmet cache’.
- Doing Without – Avoidance behavior is accelerating, and products without undesirable ingredients are viewed favorably.
- Local Motions – Fresh is the most desired attribute, but foods marketed as local, seasonal, hand-made, natural, and similar, are increasing.
- Seriously Healthy – Shoppers’ desire to reduce the risk of developing health conditions has a lot of influence on food purchasing decisions.
- Next-Generation Beverages – Drinks set the pace in U.S. sales and innovation.
- Snacking & Sharing – Light meals, after-school socializing, and other influences make snacks and mini-meals a hot opportunity for restaurants.
"resident shameless hussie"