Health Tip: Ward Off Jet Lag
Jet lag occurs when the body has trouble adjusting to travel across time zones.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these recommendations to minimize symptoms:
- Get plenty of sleep before you leave.
- Avoid alcohol consumption right before, during, and right after your flight.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals and healthy portion sizes.
- Get plenty of exercise during your trip.
- If you take sleep medication, use it only for a few days.
- Follow the local schedule of your new time zone, not the old one.
“Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.”