07-12-2007, 03:12 PM
- 2 oranges, zested and juiced
- 3 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a blender or food processor, combine the orange juice and zest, lime juice and zest, olive oil, garlic and salt. Be careful with the salt - the shrimp really suck it up! Cover, and puree until smooth.
- Place shrimp in a bowl, and pour the citrus marinade over them. Let them marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the shrimp about 3 minutes per side, in batches if necessary, until opaque. Spoon a little of the marinade in with them for extra flavor while they cook if you like.
Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.