1. Cream together:
1 c. butter
2 c. sugar
1 t vanilla extract
1 c. mashed fully ripe bananas
3. Beat until well mixed.
4. Sift together:
3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
5. Add a little of the banana mixture to the flour mixture, beating
6. Continue to gradually add all of the banana mixture, beating well
7. At this point, you can bake the cookies or refrigerate the dough for
baking. (Note: the dough will be sticky.)
8. To bake, place small balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 10 minutes, or until edges begin to
(Note: Lift the edge of the cookies to be sure they don't get too brown
10. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool.
11. Store in an airtight container to ensure that they don't dry out.
Support Lighthouse Preservation
It's Part Of Our Heritage