Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Big Buddy

bluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud of

Paula Abdul is a Fry Baby

As much as we love her, sometimes we think Paula Abdul is a little, well, fried.
While dining at Jerry's Famous Deli in L.A., the American Idol judge, who's notorious for her baffling behavior on the reality show, asked for skinny fries — because she thought they had less fat!

"Paula told the waitress she was watching her weight, so she wanted the skinny fries," a source tells Star.

When the waitress informed Paula that they had the same amount of fat as regular fries, Paula looked embarrassed, but she ordered the skinnies anyway.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Big Buddy

bluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud of

Joe Jonas Gets a Motorcycle – with Sidecar – for His 19th

Joe Jonas celebrated his 19th birthday with a new set of wheels – a motorcycle with a sidecar – given to him by his family.

"I'm pumped!" Joe said in an interview Friday in New York with Radio Disney on-air personality Ernie D.

"Don't worry," adds his brother, Kevin, 20, "there were lots of helmets given."

Joe blew out 20 candles, including one for good luck, on a strawberry shortcake birthday cake and his brothers and parents sang "Happy Birthday" to him along with the rest of radio station staff.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Big Buddy

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi have tied the knot.

Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi were married tonight in an intimate ceremony at their home in Los Angeles.

DeGeneres, 50, and de Rossi, 35, both wore Zac Posen and exchanged rings by Neil Lane during the Saturday ceremony. Their big day also featured arrangements by L.A. florist Mark's Garden.

The intimate ceremony was attended by 19 guests, including DeGeneres's mom Betty and de Rossi's mother Margaret Rogers (who flew in from Australia for the occasion), who witnessed the couple exchange handwritten vows.

The couple have been dating since December 2004. DeGeneres announced her plans to wed de Rossi during a taping of her talk show in May after California's Supreme Court ruled a previous ban on gay marriage to be unconstitutional.

The following month de Rossi showed off a 3-carat diamond ring set on a pink pavé band DeGeneres presented to her for their upcoming nuptials when the pair attended the Daytime Emmy Awards together.

"She's taught me lessons about myself, and I feel like I've taught her," the TV host said of de Rossi last year. "We've both changed and grown, and we just feel like, 'Oh, okay, this is completion.'"
Old 08-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Big Buddy

Default 'CSI' gets its man: Laurence Fishburne joins cast

"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" has solved the mystery of who will replace departing CBS series star William Petersen: It's Laurence Fishburne.
Fishburne, an Emmy and Tony winner, will be introduced in the ninth episode of the upcoming 10th season, the network told The Associated Press on Monday. He'll play a forensics scientist with a secret.

"I am elated and delighted to be joining the cast of `CSI,'" Fishburne said in a statement, adding that he looked forward to a "wonderful collaboration" with those involved in the series.

Fishburne plays a college lecturer and former pathologist who is focused on why people commit acts of violence.

The air date for Petersen's final episode has yet to be determined but will be early next year. Petersen has been with the series since it debuted in fall 2000 and will remain a "CSI" executive producer, the network said.

Fishburne's character has a deep connection to his work: His genetic profile has been identified in serial killers, CBS programming chief Nina Tassler said before Fishburne's casting was announced but as rumors swirled.

"This gentleman knows this about himself and is ... in this journey to discover who his true character will ultimately become," Tassler said last month — but he's keeping the crucial information to himself.

The character meets members of the "CSI" team during a murder investigation and ends up joining them.

Fishburne, 47, received an Oscar nomination for his portrayal of Ike Turner in 1993's "What's Love Got to Do With It" and a Tony in 1992 for "Two Trains Running." He was a Tony nominee this year for the one-man show, "Thurgood," about Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall.

His film credits include the "Matrix" sci-fi films, in which he played Morpheus; "Apocalypse Now"; "The Color Purple"; "Mystic River"; "21"; "Akeelah and the Bee"; and "Biker Boyz." He also is a writer and director.

"CBS asked us, `Who's at the top of your dream list?'" "CSI" executive producers Carol Mendelsohn and Naren Shankar said in a joint statement. "Without hesitation, we said Laurence Fishburne. He is a powerful and intense actor, with an incredible range."

Fishburne earned an Emmy for the 1993 premiere episode of Fox's "Tribeca" and another for the movie "Miss Evers' Boys," which marked rare TV projects for the actor. Early in his career, he appeared in shows including "Miami Vice" and "Hill Street Blues."

The long-running "CSI" remains key for CBS: It finished last season as the network's top-rated series, ranking No. 9 among all shows with an average weekly audience of 17 million. Spinoffs "CSI: Miami" and "CSI: New York" ranked 16th and 28th, respectively.

Producers have been mum about upcoming plot points. But they said Petersen's character, Gil Grissom, will be reappraising his life after years of high-tech forensics investigations with the Las Vegas Police Department and after facing personal turmoil.

"CSI," which begins its new season Oct. 9, is ready to deal with Petersen's loss, said Shankar.

"What makes shows go off the rails is they forget who they are. We're a crime-mystery-forensics drama" and that won't change, Shankar said in July.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Big Buddy

Default Christina Applegate "100 Percent Clear" of Cancer

Christina Applegate has great news.

"They got everything out so I'm definitely not going to die from breast cancer," the Samantha Who? star says in an interview scheduled to air Tuesday on Good Morning America.

The 36-year-old actress, whose mom also battled—and survived—the disease, revealed earlier this month that she had been diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer and was undergoing treatment.

Applegate, said that she has been getting regular mammograms since she turned 30. A second MRI, part of the follow-up from a biopsy she had last year, revealed the cancer.

"I was so mad and I—I just remember I was—I was just shaking," she told GMA cohost Robin Roberts, herself a breast-cancer survivor, on Monday. "And then also immediately, I had to go into…'take-care-of-business-mode,' which was…I asked them, 'What do I do now? What—what is it that I do? I get a doctor, I get a surgeon, I get an oncologist? What do I do?'"

Apparently she did what was right for her, which included penciling in all the help she needed and switching to a macrobiotic diet

"I'm clear," Applegate said. "Absolutely 100 percent clear and clean. It did not spread. They got everything out so I'm definitely not going to die from breast cancer."

The poster-girl for preventive care, who found out in July that she had been nominated for her first lead-actress Emmy, is slated to appear alongside Charlize Theron, Meryl Streep and Jennifer Aniston on the one-hour special Stand Up to Cancer, which airs Sept. 5 on NBC, ABC and CBS.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Big Buddy

Pink Joins Ex to Honor His Fallen Brother

During Carey Hart's time of grief, his estranged wife, Pink, is standing by his side.

The rocker joined Hart and a group of friends in Las Vegas Friday night at Hard Rock Hotel's Wasted Space (which Hart owns), to "celebrate the life" of Hart's brother Anthony who died Aug. 9 in a motorcycle accident in Connecticut. Earlier in the evening, friends and family attended the funeral for the professional motocross racer.

Sources say that Pink took to the bar's stage at Wasted Space to perform a cover of 4 Non Blondes "What's Up", dedicating it to Hart's fallen brother. She later sang "Bobby McGee", and Hart joined her on stage to toast his brother.

"It was very sweet," an onlooker said. "After the funeral, they turned it into a giant party. Everyone was very upset at the funeral, but they turned it into a celebration of life at the bar. Everyone seemed very moved."
Old 08-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Big Buddy

Donnie Wahlberg and His Wife File for Divorce

Donnie Wahlberg and his wife, Kim Fey, both filed for divorce on Aug. 13, court documents in Los Angeles and Ventura County, Calif. show.

Citing irreconcilable differences, Fey is seeking sole physical and legal custody of their two sons – Xavier, 15 and Elijah, 7 – with visitation rights for Wahlberg.

Fey, 39, is also seeking spousal support and attorney's fees from the New Kids on the Block singer, also 39. It wasn't immediately clear what terms Wahlberg is seeking.

The estranged couple were married in August 1999 and separated in January.

A rep for Wahlberg said, "The couple has been separated for some time now and remain
Old 08-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

Always good news............
Old 08-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Big Buddy

Taylor Hanson Expecting Baby No. 4!

The Hanson baby boom continues!

Taylor, the middle brother of the rock trio Hanson, and his wife Natalie are expecting their fourth child this winter.

“Each of our kids has made life richer and more exciting,” gushed Taylor, 25, and Natalie, 26. “We can’t wait for this guy to join the party.”

Their little one will join a group of six cousins, including two recent additions: Zac and Kate Hanson welcomed their first child, Shepherd, in May, and Isaac and Nikki Hanson welcomed their second child, Monroe, in July. (Isaac’s son Everett and Taylor’s other kids – Ezra, Penelope and River – round out the bunch.)

This fall, the brothers will have their hands full as they set out on their recently-extended Walk Around the World Tour – with babies in tow. As Zac recently said: “We may have to think about getting a second bus!”
Old 08-18-2008, 08:12 PM
Big Buddy

Default Phil Collins Divorce Settlement a Record Breaker

The third time was certainly not the charm for Phil Collins, who's facing yet another pricey divorce.

After six years of marriage and two children, the musician's former wife, Swiss-born Orianne Cevey, 35, has received a $46.76 million cash payout from Collins, 57, reports Britain's Daily Mirror.

The record settlement – Britain's biggest ever in a celebrity divorce – tops by some $2 million what Paul McCartney gave Heather Mills earlier this year.

Collins is no stranger to expensive breakups. Second wife Jill Tavelman received $34 million after he ended their relationship by fax in 1994.

In all, according to a Daily Telegraph tally, Collins's divorces have cost him $84 million – nearly a third of his estimated $280 fortune.

Collins and Cevey met on tour in 1994 while she was working as a translator. Their children are Nicolas, 8, and Matthew, 4.

Collins also has three other children: Lily, from his marriage with Tavelman, and Simon and Joelyi, from his first marriage – to Canadian-born Andrea Bertorelli. That union ended in 1979.