Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2006, 06:08 AM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer
Angry Philips Electronics

Has anyone here ever bought products from the Philips Electronics outlet? I believe the majority of products in their outlet are factory renewed. I'm always skeptical of ordering anything refurbished, but I've taken my chances. Back in September 2005, I purchased a DVD/VHS combo from them for less than $50. It arrived, looked great, still works, everyone is happy.

Not the case this time. I ordered the 27" flat screen TV that Karen listed in her newsletter for $149.99. I was so excited! It arrived Friday and I had to go through a lot of trouble just to get it home. (Wouldn't fit in my car, so I had to put it in a coworkers truck and drive it home. Two of my technicians had to meet me there to unload it because it was over 80lb.) Well they took it out of the box and it was NOT what I expected. In fact, it's bigger than the current TV I have. Flat screen does NOT mean that the entire TV is flat. Grrrrr

Ok, so that was my fault. What wasn't my fault is the TV has these really deep scratches on the side...like someone took a razor blade to it or maybe the furniture scratched it. I dunno. It doesn't fit in my entertainment center, so I wouldn't even be able to hide the cosmetic damage. After spending $150 though, I would expect something better...that didn't show outside damage! I searched their site...nothing regarding how factory renewed items might have cosmetic damage. I go to the return policy and it says that factory renewed items are sold "as is". It did not state this anywhere in the item description, checkout, or even AFTER I purchased the item. I am sooooooooooooo not happy. I'm emailing them, may wind up calling as well, but I have the feeling I've lost in this deal. For $150, I could have bought a bigger TV at Walmart.

Has anyone else had any problems with them?
Old 03-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP
Niceicon Great Bargain

Sounds like you got a great bargain...worth all the trouble just getting
it home and set up too.

ENJOY

Thank our soldiers for your freedom
Old 03-12-2006, 10:41 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Cool

I haven't had any problems with the refurb stuff I bought BUT I will be interested in hearing about your CS experience with them.

I almost bought a DVD player this a.m. from them but then found one at Circuit City for a 1/4 of the price of their cheapest one. Hubby just left to pick it up at the store. He wants to watch his westerns up at the ranch. We don't have TV or internet there and that is the way I want to keep it.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Big Buddy

pamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributer

Wow, What a hassle and all for nothing. I appreciate the heads up. I have bought refurbished items and never had a problem but I have always been able to see them before I bought them. Now I don't think I will ever buy a refurbished item over the internet (unless it is one of those Kitchenaide mixers that Amazon often has - I am always tempted by them)
Sorry for your ordeal!!
Old 03-12-2006, 10:49 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

I have bought 4 refurb KitchenAid mixers from amazon.com for gifts and myself. I love them! I heard some of them come from cooking show demos and were only used that day.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Sorry to hear your TV had cosmetic damage. I've ordered two 20" TVs, a dvd/vcr, a dvd recorder and a regular dvd player from here over the past 2 years and never had any problems.

On the upside, maybe that was the only thing wrong with your TV. Maybe the inner workings were never faulty to begin with.

I checked out Walmart's website and they didn't have a 27" Faux Flat TV by Philips. However, the Panasonic model they did have was $396. If I remeber correctly, Philips Outlet doesn't charge tax either.

Maybe you could disguise the scratches with a little touch up work using a marker or something. Since it doesn't fit in your entertainment center, may you could stick a potted plant next to it. If the scratches are on the sides, you probably won't be able to notice them if you are in front of the TV watching it.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:11 AM

Don't dust the sides, just the screen!
Old 03-12-2006, 11:15 AM
MVP

Krissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modemouth
Don't dust the sides, just the screen!
I try that now and theres nothing wrong with my tv
Old 03-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

I would contact them. Maybe they can replace it with a simialr item. Juat be nice. I find it goes a long way. Good luck....
Old 03-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Big Buddy

manda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributermanda40475 is a wonderful contributer

Yes I had to pay tax, but not shipping. I realize it's a good deal to some, but after seeing it in person...I would have never purchased it for myself. I'm sorry, but $150 is a LOT of money to us right now. I knew in my gut I shouldn't have purchased it. I wasn't saying Walmart has the same TV. I was simply saying I could have bought a bigger one there for the same price and it would have been guaranteed in good shape. If it was truly a flat screen TV (not faux flat), I might be okay with the damage. I don't even think I could sell it to someone in person for $150 with the damage it has.

Oh well...if you guys bought something online for that much and it showed up with cosmetic damage, I'm sure some of you wouldn't be happy either. I will never buy anymore refurbished items unless I'm able to see/test them in person beforehand.