Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer
Default Anyone ever had Shingles?

I found out today that the REALLY bad pain in my side is Shingles. It has not been a pleasant week

Anyone have any advice? I started an anti-viral drug today, but it doesn't help with the pain, it just helps shorten the duration. I have had to take off work and I am swamped! I can't afford to get behind!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

YOU DO KNOW THAT LINDA IS JUST GETTING PAST THEM.??
MY MIL SAID THAT FOLIC ACID HELPED HER... SO SORRY YOU ARE HAVING TO DEAL WITH THEM. HOPE THEY DON'T GET TOO BAD...PRAYERS AND HEALING VIBES SENT YOUR WAY..
Old 09-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

check my pm nan
Old 09-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Mentor

Dru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to all

I've never had them Nan, but my mother did and had to be put in the hospital because they were so bad. She lived in Texas and I wasn't close by so I don't know all the ways that they affected her. I hope you only get a mild case. Not that I want you to get a case at all but you know what I mean.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:38 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Linda is just getting over them. I have been seeing a lot in the news
lately about this....almost an epidemic these days. There is a new
vaccine out for it. I was considering getting it but most insurance
companies won't cover the cost....definitely medicare won't because
my Mother's doctor told her to get the vaccine and she will have to
pay out of pocket about $200 since medicare won't cover it. I
called a local pharmacy here that is giving the vaccine shots and
they want $190. I understand there are miserable side affects with
the vaccine so I am not so sure I'd want to go through that and try
to work.

Will keep you in my prayers.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:30 AM
Big Buddy

bikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIPbikerbabe is a MBB VIP

My prayers are with you hun....
Old 09-14-2007, 05:34 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Oh Nan, how horrible! Yes, our Linda is just getting over the shingles. I wish I knew of something that would help you. My grandfather had shingles and they are SO painful. Take care sweety and I will say a prayer for your body to rid them quickly!
Hugs, Christy
Old 09-14-2007, 06:26 AM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

We have heard so much about shingles this year. You are in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Linda did seem to have a hard case of them.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

I didn't know about Linda (Hope you're better Sweetie!) I missed lots of stuff when my 'puter was down. I'm hoping that the anti-viral will help. My FIL had a really bad case and I don't want any part of that!!! It seems to be worse in that afternoon and evening???

A report that I read said that a study indicated that since the Chicken Pox vaccine has been around, that more adults were reporting cases of Shingles. Apparently, exposure to kids w/ the pox keeps antibodies in place. When we are not exposed to them, we don't build our immunity. THat would explin why older folks get them - they're not around small kids as often.

Last edited by Nan : 09-14-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:52 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
0love0046

I posted a reply Nan but it isn't here...

Sending you many hugs and wishes that you get a "mild" version.