Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2007, 08:55 AM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributermom2acat is a wonderful contributer

I had them back in June, in the pelvic area, where I had received radiation treatment this spring for cancer that was in the hip bone and pelvic bones on that side. I was given Valtrex too; I had nerve pain for about 8 weeks that went down my whole leg. I was told I probably got them because my immune system was still low from the radiation treatment, even though the shingles didn't appear until a month after I finished the radiation treatments.

I'll keep you in my prayers, I know how much they hurt and I wish you didn't have to go through it!

Shari
Old 09-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

Shari I didn't know that you had cancer, you have been through like my mom had. Sure hope she doesn't come up with shingles. Hope you aren't going to have any more problems.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Big Buddy

tressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud of

Well Nan, now that we've all given you such a pleasant prognosis here... it's just that we did go through quite a period of time with Linda and she had it very bad.

I have heard of much milder cases. I do know that stress and illness (such as the flu, colds, etc.) will make it worse.

The kids who have had the chicken pox immunization may not be helping us who've had the chicken pox, but they won't be getting the shingles when they're older. You know how kids are, only thinking of themselves!!!

If you need anything, just yell. Okay, so yell rather loud or PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

http://www.mybargainbuddy.com/forums...light=shingles <---There's the link to Linda and Shari's stories and the suggestions that were made. Dunno if it will be of any help to you, Nan, but at least the doctor is treating you early. If none of that info helps, perhaps all our prayers and wishes for your quick recovery will do some good. Do try not to stress over work, it won't help you at all. Take a few days and relax and try to recover!! Well, TRY to relax and recover, that's prolly more like it.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of the info and good wishes! It's so nice to have friends like y'all!
Old 09-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

How are you doing Nan?? between the weather and shingles... Hope you are able to keep pain under control.. prayers and good healing thoughts.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grams1952 View Post
How are you doing Nan?? between the weather and shingles... Hope you are able to keep pain under control.. prayers and good healing thoughts.

Thanks Honey! The pain is different today - the last few days it itched burned and stung all at the same time. Today, it's more deep nerve pain. My FIL said he ad every kind of pain imaginable. It's a little less severe this evening, so maybe the Valtrex is helping.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

HOPING EACH DAY IS BETTER AND BETTER!
Old 09-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

Hope you get some rest this week-end
Old 09-15-2007, 02:17 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Take a day for yourself, Nan. . .put those feet up and take a cat nap or two. I'ts time to pamper yourself (not that you'll get much of a chance to enjoy it, but grab the chance while you can!). Hoping the Valtrex starts to make a big difference and that pain of any nature backs off soon!!