Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayle View Post
Shari I didn't know that you had cancer, you have been through like my mom had. Sure hope she doesn't come up with shingles. Hope you aren't going to have any more problems.
I had breast cancer in May of 2003, at the age of 39; I had a mastectomy, followed by chemo and radiation. In April of this year, I found out it returned in my bones; I'm doing ok though, I have been getting Zometa treatments (it's not chemo, but it's a drug for the bones I get thru an IV) and Faslodex injections once per month. I had radiation to the bones of the pelvis and left hip this spring. The treatment is working, my tumor markers are going down each month I get my blood checked.

My mom and I walked in the Survivor's Lap at the Relay for Life today; she had Non Hodgkins lymphoma at the same time I had my first round with the breast cancer; she has been cancer free since October 2004.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2acat View Post
The treatment is working, my tumor markers are going down each month I get my blood checked.

My mom and I walked in the Survivor's Lap at the Relay for Life today; she had Non Hodgkins lymphoma at the same time I had my first round with the breast cancer; she has been cancer free since October 2004.
YAY -- On all counts, Shari! Congratulations on the tumor markers going down, and for being proactive enough to walk in the survivor's lap at the Relay for Life. Sounds like you're doing all the right stuff...keep it up!!
Old 09-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2acat View Post
I had breast cancer in May of 2003, at the age of 39; I had a mastectomy, followed by chemo and radiation. In April of this year, I found out it returned in my bones; I'm doing ok though, I have been getting Zometa treatments (it's not chemo, but it's a drug for the bones I get thru an IV) and Faslodex injections once per month. I had radiation to the bones of the pelvis and left hip this spring. The treatment is working, my tumor markers are going down each month I get my blood checked.

My Mom had breast cancer and is now a 14 year survivor. I get heart palpitations every time I get a mammogram because I'm scared to death it will be positive.
I started walking.......a lot in my 20's when she was diagnosed. I walk relay for life and give to breast cancer research.
Hopefully by the time my daughter gets older there will be a cure.

I'm so glad you survived as did your Mom.
After seeing what my mother went through I do believe you must be one tough cookie
Old 09-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Big Buddy

tjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud of
Default For Nan....

A few years ago when I lived away from my parents in another state, my mom had shingles. We spoke often and she always said she itched from them. She had hers in her hair and face. Then just this past few months my father got them. His also had then on his face. So I've had both my parents go thru this in the past few years, and I understand your pain.
I hope you have a very good support system at home. You are a blessing here and we pray for your pains to be as minimal as possible.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Thanks so much! I love the friendship picture! Things are a little better today - hopefully the Valtrex is doing its thing. I rested yesterday, but I took advantage of less pain today to get a few things done and I made a shrimp stew for supper. It wore me out and I'm gonna take it easy tomorrow.

Shari, congrats on your progress! I look forward to more great reports!
Old 09-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

IS THIS A GREAT SUPPORTIVE GROUP OR WHAT??!!!! SHARI GLAD TO HEAR MARKERS GOING DOWN. CONTINUE DOING WELL KNOWING WE ARE ALL PULLING FOR YOU!!!
NAN YOUR STEW W/SHRIMP SOUNDS GOOD. TAKE CARE AND REST!!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Nanny girl. . .soooo very glad you're feeling some better. . .Hope that's as true today as it was yesterday. Just remember this is no time to go "pushin' the envelope." Take the good days as a gift and test all the neighborhood take out menus!
Old 09-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Big Buddy

HIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to allHIPeGURL is a name known to all

Old 09-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Thought this info might be useful for those of us in at-risk age range.
They say it affects people 60 yrs. old and older. But there are many
years younger then that that have had shingles.

Merck quote:

Nine out of ten adults in the US have had chickenpox. You were probably one them. Shingles is caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox.
The virus can remain inactive in your body. If the virus becomes active again, it can cause shingles. One out of two people who live to be 85 will have shingles.

For more information call 1-888-874-4645 or visit www.shinglesrisk.com

Last edited by pepper60 : 09-21-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

I hope and pray that I'm the one that doesn't get this. I'm sure no one wants to get it.