Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

now you'll have an instant bunch of secret admirers
Old 01-17-2008, 08:23 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Mary, I'm with you...I'm not sure about this. It feels like Junior High to me as well. I also think it might be a little intimidating to new members.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Big Buddy

xavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud of
Default semantics?

I think what might potentially be rubbing people the wrong way is the idea of "reputation" points.

Generally, people have either a "good" reputation or a "bad" reputation(especially a touchy thing for women--or maybe I'm old-fashioned).

To have your "reputation" determined and subsequently displayed based on your posts is what may be the issue here.

Perhaps a different word would work better here... ?

Last edited by xavirose : 01-17-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

I'm open to suggestions! What else could we call it? Remember, we're still just trying this out.

How about "Buddy Points"?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Mainly, I thought this would be a good way for our members who don't have time to post frequently, to get a little recognition for their contributions. Post counts are great, but they are not the only measure of a good member.

We have a really nice group of people here. I don't think the new point system will be used to put people down. So far, I've seen the exact opposite.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:48 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

I like it, I have seen it on other forums. I don't look at it is a clique thing either and I don't believe there are any cliques here on MBB. I have been here since the beginning and have never noticed cliquiness....lol is that even a word? Just look at it like giving a friend a yummy cookie! Or a hug, or a pat on the back...lol! It's all good, I like that Karen is keeping the site fun and interesting. I belong to another forum and they call them "reputation points" I think Buddy Points is a fitting name for MBB.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:50 AM
Big Buddy

Christy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributerChristy is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen View Post
now you'll have an instant bunch of secret admirers
Secret Admirers!!
Old 01-18-2008, 05:43 AM
Big Buddy

sweetsabra is a special membersweetsabra is a special membersweetsabra is a special member

I like them too. I don't post as often as others, but it made my day yesterday to go to my user CP and see I had been given buddy points.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Big Buddy

tjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud oftjsmom has much to be proud of

Buddy Points
I like that one. Its got my vote.

You know at first I wasn't sure it was a good idea, but then I read the posts and see it from a different point of view. I too was afraid that people might abuse it to give some an unfair advantage or maybe boost their "rating" but seeing how you all have commented on it, I think my opinion was formed incorrectly and a little too hastily.

I got a few points myself, much to my surprise. hehe I never realized I could say much worth commenting on. to whoever gave me my points. You really made my day!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Big Buddy

Kathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributer

I have to be honest and say that this is the only board that I belong to. I didn't realize that other boards had "points" or whatever you want to call them.

For me MBB started out as a place to find a good deal. It's turned into so much more for me personally. I visit here everyday, taking in what I need that day. It's a release from my daily activities of work, taking care of the kids and house, etc. It's "me" time. Some days I'm looking for a new recipe to try.....I come here. When the gift closet is getting low or a birthday is fast approaching I look for good deals here. Sometimes, I just want to "listen" to what everyone else has to say.

For me it's just going to be a way to let someone know...."I like what you have to say, or thanks." I can't imagine that I would not approve of what someone says, because we are all entitled to an opinion. I'm sure that Karen watches her website carefully and if someone finds something inappropriate she'll be notified.

I appreciate everyone here and at some point you'll know because I'll be clicking on that scale icon to let you know......"I like what you have to say."

((HUGS))

Kathy