Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2006, 05:02 AM
Big Buddy

freebiemom is on a distinguished roadfreebiemom is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone ever have a cyst?

I have one...and am pregnant. It is the size of an acorn...but is still "squishy" according to the DR. I am only 15 weeks along but the cyst is staying! Anyone have this happen to them?

Old 03-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Where is it? Is it new?
some docs can remove them using only normal saline as an anesthetic if they are bothersome so you won't have to worry about anesthesia and your fetus.
Most docs will probably opt to watch it especially if it stays the same size.
have you seen a Dermatologist? (or if need be a surgeon?)
Old 03-24-2006, 07:28 AM
Big Buddy

mynpyn is a jewel in the rough

I had one removed from the palm of my hand when I was five, and I have one on the top of my hand now. Went to the doctor and they said there is no reason to remove it b/c it causes me no discomfort. Said once it does that, they will remove it. My mom has two right now, as well. I don't know what kind you have, but my personal experience has been that they are not a big deal.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:35 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

my mom gets cysts alot and they are no big deal. only worry about it if it starts to bother you. congrats on your pregnancy
Old 03-24-2006, 07:40 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP
Default Yup, had one removed once

Depends on where it is located. I had one when I was 18 yrs. old. It
pop up suddenly over the rib cage area just below a breast. The doc
shot me with a local (like novacaine) and took it out right in his office.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:49 AM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

I had one on my hip that had been there since I was little, you see it you could only feel it if you knew where to push. And 3 years ago I was pregnant and one cam up near my breast. I went to the Army base we were atationed at and they took it out with lidocaine to num me up and since I had one on my hip they took it out too. Just keep in mind that if they tear it at all or it rupsures it will grwo back. The doctor said they removed properly. # weeks later I felt the one in my breast come back, and 4 dr. told me it was just a scar. And then after the 5th dr. who was the commander took a look at me, he read the lab reports where under the microscope there was a tiny rupsure and he took it out right then with anesthetic, and i was nursing at the time.

My mom has had some too and she had hers taken out with no problem.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Little Buddy

RIbigmouth76 is a jewel in the rough
Default Yep I've had some cysts before

When I was 13 I had a cyst in my breast (which is rare for females at that age, normally you develop them when your older over 50 or so they told me). Maybe some people like my self is genetic and once you have a cyst your susceptible to other ones???

I've had cysts both times when I was pregnant. They stated that it was on my ovary and they would watch it but per my doctor and all other doctors that are in the practice (there are like 5 others and 2 midwives I hit them all and asked all the same thing) cysts are common during pregnancy. Why? they only thing they told me is that it happens to some people, but they watched it and a little while after I had my kids it did go away. My kids are 4 years apart and I was faithful with yearly pap smears etc. (however I didn't google the response they gave me but that was over 12 years ago I wasn't that much into surfing the net)

Hope this helps give you some relief, good luck and keep having your doc check on it.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

I've had so many of them...I got the first one when I was 10 on the side of my face...it was horrible...some have been removed, some are still there and some have dissolved on their own. I guess it just depends?

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 03-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Little Buddy

Desiree is a jewel in the rough

I know that if you don't take care of it soon, you run the risk of it getting infected. I had both my ovaries removed(at different times) because cysts have been left and got infected! Trust me - its alot more painful if they get infected!

Congrats on the baby news. Do you know what you are having?
Old 03-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Big Buddy

charlottesue is a jewel in the rough

I have been told for years and years that I had cysts on my ovaries but it was not a big deal unless they started growing.....well I saw a new gynecologist last week after moving a few months ago and she did an ultrasound on my insides and showed me that one of my ovaries was about 4 times bigger than the other......I am 50 and have had yearly paps and mammograms since I turned 40. She scared me and she also sent me to have blood work done to check for cancer......then she sent me for a cat scan with contrast.......that means they put an IV in with a huge needle and put dye in....when I went in before I gave them the paper I noticed that the doctor had written on it for them to check on a mass in my pelvis........I would like for all of yall........who I consider friends and family (especially since I don't have any close by) to keep me in your thoughts and if you are a praying person please keep me in your prayers that everything will come out okay......thank you so much.......I didn't mean to get off the subject but it did all start with the cysts.........