Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Big Buddy

Jenn is on a distinguished road
Default Eczema

My daughter Sydney was born with eczema. She breaks out even worse when she is in contact with something she is allergic to. (Cats, Dogs, eggs, nuts, molds, grass, house dust, Red #40, perfumes, strawberries, shrimp + many more)
She has grown out of some of her eczema. She can not be skin tested for her allergies because they are so severe! So she has to get her blood drawn every year. She used to get allergy shots but they made her much worse.
I am open to moisterizing suggestions or if you have heard of anything new. Feel free to ask or tell!!
Jenn
Old 03-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Big Buddy

Michele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on up

I don't have anything to offer as far as products, but my heart sure goes out to her. I had eczema as a child and it's horrible. Poor little girl.

I hope someone here has some good suggestions for you. Hugs
Old 03-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

My daughter had ezcema starting at 4 months old with a tiny little patch on her chest. The pediatrician gave her a mixture of steriod cream mixed together with lubriderm. the steriod is so minute, it's like 1% or less. They said put a tiny amount, not even enough to cover your finger tip with and rub it once a day. The patch was gone in 2 days! It would come back every 3 months or so if she stayed in water and again with the medicine, it was gone before she itched. They also said to keep her from taking a lot of baths and stay out of the swimming pool, which was impossible!speechless And to lube her down with lubriderm after every bath.

She's 3 now and she'll get a dry spot on her leg or arm and with that same jar I dab it on and the redness is gone by morning.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:34 PM
Big Buddy

Melissa is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENNinMARYLAND
She breaks out even worse when she is in contact with something she is allergic to. (Cats, Dogs, eggs, nuts, molds, grass, house dust, Red #40, perfumes, strawberries, shrimp + many more)
That is alot of stuff to be allergic too. I couldn't ever imagine having to keep myself away from all that, it must be super hard to keep your kid away from all that.

I have no real suggestions other than Lubriderm. Works better than any other lotion that I've used.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Most of my patients like eucerin cream which is thick and almost like a zinc oxide consistency but works real well. Have you tried vaseline? How about crisco lard? (sounds weird but some patients swear by it.)
Depending on the location some people will mix their cortisone cream with a moisturizer and then wrap the location with saran wrap. CHECK WITH YOUR PEDIATRCIAN FIRST AS SOME CORTISONES ARE TOO STRONG AND CAN CAUSE DAMAGING SIDE EFFECTS.
good luck
Old 03-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Big Buddy

I think I forgot to post that my daughter is 7 years old. . Its really alot better than when she was 3 or 4. I even went as far as ordering some of the junk off the internet that is supposed to work 100%. But most of it is a waste of $!! I have recently tried NEXCARE which is for skin cracks (her knuckles get cracks that sometimes look like they could use a stitch!
Maybe I am looking for a miracle! I will keep doing what I am doing and hope!
Oh the dog that I have in my pic is a "hypo allergenic dog" He is a bichon mix!
Thanks
Jenn
Old 03-26-2006, 07:38 AM
Big Buddy

freebiemom is on a distinguished roadfreebiemom is on a distinguished road

Stay away from Dairy. Milk is the worst! Also, I found that lubriderm and eucerine never worked for me. Wal mart makes a non-scented beauty cream (in a tub). This stuff worked wonders on her skin. Plus, it stayed on almost all day! Hope it works!
Old 03-26-2006, 07:45 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

The hospitals around here use Aquaphor by Eucerin. I always keep a jar on hand.

IF I could only have one skin product it would be Resinol by Mentholatum hands down. It is almost magic. I used to suggest it to all my new moms whose babies had diaper rash. Also for folks with any sort of skin breakdown or irritation. It can be hard to find in the stores so I order it from online sites.

Last edited by Modemouth : 03-26-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Big Buddy

hey Freebie mom, do you know the name of the stuff from walmart? I would love to give it a try!!

Aquafor is good stuff too.

thanks girls!

Jenn
Old 03-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

Hey Modemouth I was charge Nurse on OB/GYN years ago. Loved the ob. Hated the hours so I left and now limit myself to surgical ( aggresive skin cancers and melanoma) and cosmetic surgery.