Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Big Buddy

Michele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on upMichele is movin' on up
Default Am I the only one

who finds most of what's on TV offensive, scarey and disgusting? Channel after channel of bloody, disgusting fights and deaths and grusome sights all over the place. It may sound hokey, but I miss shows like the Donny and Marrie Show, Carol Burnett, Brady Bunch. For some reason, tonight it's making me really sad that things have come to this. There are hundreds of channels and mostly nothing decent to watch. It's not the TV part that makes me sad, it's what it represents about the time we live in.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

I agree. Even some cartoons are too violent.
I stick to HGTV and Food Network
Old 03-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP
Thumbs down

I agree to a point. There are some good shows on TV but they are
few and far between.

What I get sick over is the quality or lack of quality in the TV ads. The
suggestive wording, dancing, music, clothing, etc. in ads is scary. They took all cigarette and alcoholic beverage ads off the air years ago because it was considered bad taste and would possibly encourage people to use the stuff. But it's okay to have almost naked people advertise bras/panties, taking showers where you see almost everything, etc. How is that not suggestive? The play on words used in advertizing is getting too much for me also...there's one now where they sing "Big Bucking Chicken" and I am sure they did it to grab your attention thinking they had used the "F" word.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:51 PM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member
Wink

I agree...sadly this trend has been developing for quite some time...seems like when "they" decide on programing it is based on the lowest common denominator..hence the phrase "boob tube"

While I watch a lot of cable news I watch a lot of the Food Network, The Weather Channel, Turner Classic Movies and we really like BRAVO...

Vote with your remote.....that's what I say

Lori Ann
Old 03-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

We live out in the country and cable doesn't come out this far. We have held off on getting a satellite, because there are only about 6 channels that we would watch. We get Fox, PBS & NBC. When there's nothing on, we go out and watch the stars. Even network TV is sometimes too raunchy, biased, or immoral for my taste. (I miss the old shows, too!)
Old 03-28-2006, 05:10 AM
Big Buddy

emtluvs2cook is on a distinguished road

speechless Sadly, I agree...We mostly watch discovery, or the learning channel. If you want to watch a funny movie that is CLEAN, try Chicken Little...we all loved it!

glow Good friends make you smile...even when you don't feel like smiling glow
Old 03-28-2006, 05:14 AM
Big Buddy

Jaimie is a jewel in the rough
Default i agree

sadly I agree........even when I watch american idol with the kids we have to turn off the commercials in between watching the show.........it really is getting worse and worse
Old 03-28-2006, 05:38 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

i totally agree. i don't even like to watch the news because there are kids killing kids, kids killing their parents, adults killing their children and so on.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Big Buddy

Smoothlady is a jewel in the rough

I agree,
But the reason we don't have decent t.v.anymore,
is because cigarette companies used to pay for good tv with their ads.
Smoking IS bad for us,
But, Because we wanted to ban their ads,We in turn banned
good t.v.
I'm old enough to remember Nights at
My grandparents..............Bonanza,Carol Burnett,Family Affair,Gunsmoke,
Rawhide.etc......
Now no one pays for real ad time so we get junk to watch
Thank God for computers!!
Old 03-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

I'm not into the shows on TV these days either. Grandkids won't even watch the old programs like Lassie and Leave it to Beaver