Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > eBay
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up
Unhappy I need Ebay help!

Can anyone help me? I bid a week ago on a queen raised aerobed. I received an e-mail from the seller last night, 2 hours remaining in the auction, that stated that she had posted the wrong picture and that it was a restform bed, that I was bidding on. She said that if I wanted to retract my bid, that she would understand. Well, you can't retract within 12 hours of the auction ending. I went ahead and bid on her other aerobed, that was 3 times the amount of the first bed, and I won and pd using paypal. I have responded to the seller 3 times, explaining that I purchased her other bed and i still wanted to retract the other. I know that there is a way to have a mutual agreement with both the seller and buyer to not complete the auction, especially since she had the incorrect product listed. Well, she sent me an e-mail this morming that if I went ahead and purchased the bed that she would refund me the money. I don't want to do that, what should I do?
Old 04-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Big Buddy

JMBred is a jewel in the rough
Default Ugh, gotta hate people who won't work with you...

maybe if you offer to pay her relisting fees, she would feel better, but honestly I feel bad because it's her fault for not KNOWING Ebay policies. Let me know what happens or if you have any other questions I could help you with. Julie
Old 04-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

Ebay states that if the seller has a misrepresented item or has changed the description to their item then you can retract. I have never retracted a bid in the 9 years that I have used ebay. And I have heard of sellers rejecting a bid after the auction closes, but I'm not sure how to tell her how to do that. I wouldn't mind paying her little relisting fee, but I really shouldn't have to do that, and I thought I was generous in buying her other bed ending the same time for almost $300.

I'm a huge bargain shopper, but I haven't found this particular bed for under $300 plus shipping any where and I had an ebay coupon that expired yesterday as well as needing the bed a week ago as it is. So I thought I would get the other that she had listed, but now it looks like I may be stuck with 2 beds.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

I don't use eBay, but there must be a way to report her to the eBay
bosses for what she is trying to pull. I know you can give her a BAD
rating to warn other shoppers that she may be a bad risk.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:39 PM
Big Buddy

mom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIPmom2acat is a MBB VIP

I would contact Ebay, they have probably had this situation happen before.
Old 04-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

I have sold on Ebay for 7 years.
If you paid through paypal the seller can reject the payment and transfer back to you in 1 click!!!!!!!
Good Luck

ps What she did was wrong and I would report her. She is not supposed to change a listing that close to ending with a bid on it.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:09 AM
Mentor

Thanks for your help everyone! I have contacted ebay, but I haven't received a response yet. I will contact the seller again tomorrow and she if she knows how to reject my pymt before I pay her for the second bed.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:21 AM
Mentor

This is the letter that I just received from the seller:Are you sure you dont care to keep the resform air bed. It is extremely similar to the aerobed, only cost less. Please go back to the listibng and read the description of th restrform. I think you might change your mind. Let me know by Wednesday of this week. And if you truely don't want it I will contact ebay. Thanks a lot. Wanda

I explained to her one more time that I bought the other bed from her already and that I didn't need 2 beds. I guess she doesn't want the hassle of rejecting the pymt or she just wants the money.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:33 AM
Big Buddy

Smoothlady is a jewel in the rough

I think it's kinda funny that she's trying to get you to purchase
the less expensive one???
I know when I sell on Ebay,
It's to make money,Not sell stuff for less money.
Maybe something is wrong with that one and
she's trying to get rid of it???
Do you know that you can call Paypal and
speak with a live person?
If you'd like,I'd be more then happy to get that number for you.
It's an 800 number.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothlady
I think it's kinda funny that she's trying to get you to purchase
the less expensive one???
I know when I sell on Ebay,
It's to make money,Not sell stuff for less money.
Maybe something is wrong with that one and
she's trying to get rid of it???
Do you know that you can call Paypal and
speak with a live person?
If you'd like,I'd be more then happy to get that number for you.
It's an 800 number.
Oh thank you, that would be great! Should I ask them if she should reject my pymt if I pay her or if I should speak with Ebay. Because I already pd through paypal for the $280 bed instead of the $50, which I'm still not sure if she understands that I have already purchased the other from her.