Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP
Default Working Moms.....What do you do with your children in the Summer?

I need some suggestions.......I am going to be working full time starting this June and I have no idea what to do with my kids......they are not camp kids so I was wondering what else to do.
Suggestions please...........they are 9 and 11.....

my parents will take them for a few weeks and I think their fathers parents will watch them too.........can't have them babysit due to distance.

I'm losing sleep over this..........
Old 05-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Big Buddy

ashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIP

DS goes to summer camp.. he didn't want to go at first, but I found one that he really liked and they go on trips every day, so it works out.. thing is camp is really expensive.. (I lose sleep every year over the paperwork I have to fill out just to get assistance for summer camp because I can't afford the $400 a week for it)

Con Amore, tutte cose sono possibili

inthekitchenwithme.blogspot.com
Old 05-03-2008, 04:37 AM
Big Buddy

Kathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributer

Do you have a sitter that could stay with them? I know that my daughter (14) would love a consistant job like that. Ask around. Maybe if it was something that was a set schedule, say like Monday, Wednesday, and Friday you could find a reliable teenager that could help you out. I know there's a mom here in my neighborhood who does this with 2 high school girls. They split the summer. Great money for the girls, but much less than daycare or camp would cost and her kids have a blast with them. Just an idea.

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Old 05-03-2008, 04:49 AM
Big Buddy

voleyball has much to be proud ofvoleyball has much to be proud ofvoleyball has much to be proud ofvoleyball has much to be proud ofvoleyball has much to be proud ofvoleyball has much to be proud ofvoleyball has much to be proud ofvoleyball has much to be proud of

Are you a memeber of the YMCA? They offer summer camps . Maybe something like that..
Old 05-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Big Buddy

SNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIPSNOWBEAR3 is a MBB VIP

Christine, I'll take them! I have a pool and the Siberians........they would love it......Too bad you live so far.......
Old 05-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Big Buddy

tressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud of

Have you checked with your school to see if they offer a summer day camp program?

Ours runs for about 6 out of the 10 weeks. A bus picks them up in the morning @8:30, they have crafts, outside sports, swimming and lunch each day. Then the bus brings them home about 1 or so. I don't know if this schedule is good for you, but day camps are not camping. I've worked at one and the kids are well taken care of, fed, constantly provided good activities. Sometimes your community park will offer one too; or a lakefront. The school is free (sometimes a small fee for day trips or supplies), the community ones are relatively cheap.

Just please check out the history and talk to past parents &/or kids of the community camps before leaving your children. I live in a rather innocent area where people don't always lock their doors yet. Yet we still have camp leaders and scout participants turn up bad.

Good luck. I remember those years and I do not envy you. You are lucky you have parents that will help for at least part of the summer. Not many people do.