Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Big Buddy

AEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud of
Default Vitamix vs. Blendtec/Ktec blender

I am really interested in getting one of these two blenders for my birthday (my MIL insists I get a present so I am thinking of combining her $$ with my moms and hubby's and getting one big present). So my question is does anyone have either of these blenders??? Right now I am thinking of getting the 5000 in the vitamix blender or the 3hp champ in the ktec blender. But I am open for suggestions. I mainly want it to make healthy smoothies, making whole fruit juices (both vegetable and fruit) and making soups. I saw a demo of the Vitamix and was so impressed by all the samples with the raw veggies and fruits and they all tasted so yummy that I think I could introduce many veggies into my diet with the blender machine. The Vitamix heated up the soup from the friction of the blades as it was mixing and I have read that the champ does the same thing. Does anyone have another blender that is of commercial quality or similar that you would recommend that can handle these types of things? I have found the Vitamix on Ebay from the company for $349 w/ no shipping and the champ for $278 w/ no shipping, do you have any other ideas of where to find it for cheaper? I have listed it as a want on craigslist on all the surrounding areas to my home, but no luck there. Just want any opinions that may be out there, I am open to other machines but I want something that will be easy and very efficient. Right now I have a kitchenaid blender and the bullet and they do ok with smoothies, but they both leave chunks of ice and don't seem to mix near as well as the demo of the vitamix. Thanks in advance! Amy
Old 05-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Big Buddy

AEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud of

I think I decided on the blendtec hp3a. Not ordered yet because I am still a little sceptical, but that is my thought right now after reading many reviews and a lot of info on both. Does anyone have one of these?