Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Big Buddy

ladyoleisure is a special memberladyoleisure is a special memberladyoleisure is a special member
Default looking for child-safe bedside lamps

Help!!!

We had a scary incident tonight after my 4 year old went up to his room to put on his pj's. He was in his room for about 15 minutes. He came back downstairs for about 45 minutes before bedtime. When I returned to his room with him, to put him to bed, I smelled something (not good). I couldn't place the smell. I eventually found that he had placed a small plastic tub toy ONTOP of the lightbulb of his bedside lamp. It melted & burned to the lightbulb (40W) and was quite charred. It had been there for at least 45 minutes!!

So, after removing the lamp altogether, I sat down at the computer to try to find a child-safe bedside lamp, with no luck. They sell them in the UK, but it appears they do not ship to the US. (Is the UK that much more child-safety conscious than us???!)

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas for a child-safe bedside lamp. I need something brighter than a nightlight and brighter than a battery operated touch (tap) light.

Thanks! Hoping that you all have a safe Friday. (I'm keeping MY fingers crossed!!)

LOL
Old 05-08-2008, 06:44 PM
Big Buddy

ashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIP

How about this.. Tyke Light

The world at night is a place of exploration and adventure for your child. The TykeLight casts the perfect glow of light for play under the covers, inside tents, in the back yard and outings down darkened hallways. The TykeLight lights the way and becomes the security friend for any wanderer. Parents can also check on little explorers without disturbing their sleep with the soft glow nightlight feature. Long lasting rechargeable batteries and kid-friendly design make the TykeLight the perfect playtime friend day or night. TykeLight is fully rechargeable and will deliver many adventures for your little tykes over the years. Features: Perfect for nightlight or playtime Quick and safe rechargeable batteries Illuminates up to 10 hours on a single charge - Charges while glowing Easy to clean surface Designed to easily fit children's hands as the perfect glowing playmate Impact resistant plastic - Safe and Durable

Con Amore, tutte cose sono possibili

inthekitchenwithme.blogspot.com
Old 05-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Big Buddy

Raiderchic29 is a wonderful contributerRaiderchic29 is a wonderful contributerRaiderchic29 is a wonderful contributerRaiderchic29 is a wonderful contributerRaiderchic29 is a wonderful contributerRaiderchic29 is a wonderful contributerRaiderchic29 is a wonderful contributerRaiderchic29 is a wonderful contributerRaiderchic29 is a wonderful contributer

I could not find anything either and at the risk of having a fire or something else I ended up installing a ceiling fan with the globe lights that way my son would have no access to a lamp at all. It also has a dimmer switch which was a nice feature!!! Good luck!!!

I don't have hot flashes, I have short private vacations in the tropics