Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2006, 11:15 AM
New Buddy

apneujahr is a jewel in the rough

she is a SUPER girl! She has handled all this much better than I ever could... especially at having half of her hair shaved last year! I know for a girl, that has to be difficult. So I can only thank God for all her strengths!
Old 02-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Big Buddy

momnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by apneujahr
she is a SUPER girl! She has handled all this much better than I ever could... especially at having half of her hair shaved last year! I know for a girl, that has to be difficult. So I can only thank God for all her strengths!

Where were you living when your daughter was at Tulane? Did you meet the social worker,Whit Tabor? He was the head of social services there but not sure when.

Are you an evacuee or living in SC?

My daughter and I say of her neurosurgeon after he redid her shunt "He is a much better surgeon than he is a barber!"

She is allowed to wear a hat at school because right now her hair seems to be growing sideways except for a few tufts that stick straight up. She had her first shunt at 9 days old and had it replaced at 4 weeks old due to an infection. She had another type of brain surgery at 3. But she handles it so much better than most adults would.

Nancy in Baton Rouge, LA
Old 02-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Wow! These stories are amazing. Poor little babies. I just want to hug them. It's just not right that kids can be so sick. I wish there was a magic wand... Sounds like they are real troopers though. They are truly inspirational. angel
Old 02-04-2006, 04:53 AM
New Buddy

apneujahr is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by momnick8
Where were you living when your daughter was at Tulane? Did you meet the social worker,Whit Tabor? He was the head of social services there but not sure when.

Are you an evacuee or living in SC?

My daughter and I say of her neurosurgeon after he redid her shunt "He is a much better surgeon than he is a barber!"

She is allowed to wear a hat at school because right now her hair seems to be growing sideways except for a few tufts that stick straight up. She had her first shunt at 9 days old and had it replaced at 4 weeks old due to an infection. She had another type of brain surgery at 3. But she handles it so much better than most adults would.

Nancy in Baton Rouge, LA
We were living in Gpt, MS. Tulane was the closest children's hospital for us. The surgeon that did her surgery made a HUGE candycane scar when he placed her shunt. I wasn't very impressed. When she had it replaced when she was 2 the doc (in jackson, ms) made a small scar and didn't even shave her head. But i guess what tops it all is the surgery she had in nov of 04 had a horrible stitch job. It looked horrible. Then when we got home and took the dressing off... we found a staple that they forgot to remove (it was just for holding the sterilized drape on her head) Thankfully a different doc performed her surgery two weeks later and really fixed the scar.
I am originally from MS but now my husband is stationed here SC. Thankfully we were not down there for Katrina... although my mom was and just yesterday able to move back into her house.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Little Buddy

Vanessa is a jewel in the rough

I have a stepdaughter that was diagnosed with schizophrenia. We have had our hands full with her, but with the proper medications and if she continues to take it regularly (which is the hardest thing for them to do) she is very smart, social and "normal" as can be.
The hardest part for her is her biological mother not being there for her. I guess she was never there for her children and with one that has a mental disability she wants nothing to do with it. BUT...that is where I step and have no problems in being her mother and friend and helping her through life. I love her like my own.

Last edited by Vanessa : 02-04-2006 at 05:06 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa
..BUT...that is where I step and have no problems is being her mother and friend and helping her through life. I love her like my own.
You are a very admirable woman, Vanessa! Hats off to you. That little girl is blessed that you stepped in and are going to be there for her. sunny
Old 02-04-2006, 05:06 PM
Little Buddy

Vanessa is a jewel in the rough

Thanks Karen. I try. Its the least I can do.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:31 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa
I have a stepdaughter...
I agree with Karen, Vanessa. You are very admirable. God has blessed you with the understanding and compasion to help your step-daughter and for that she is truly blessed. Keep up the great work!

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Big Buddy

momnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud of

Lindsay, I checked out the Edison book at the library today. It is actually a couple of years old. The way it was so prominently displayed at Barnes and Noble, I thought it was new.

New Orleans Saints, winners of the 2010 Super Bowl! WHO DAT!!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:10 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by momnick8
Lindsay, I checked out the Edison book at the library today. It is actually a couple of years old. The way it was so prominently displayed at Barnes and Noble, I thought it was new.
Let me know if it's any good! Although, I'll probably buy it anyways...just for another point of view.

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW