Carlin’s topics covered everything from religion to the quirks of everyday life. If you dig deeply enough, you can even find some great money related quotes from his routines. As a tribute to the life of a great comedian, philosopher, and poet, here are seven musings on life and finance in the words of the late George Carlin.
- Why is the man (or woman) who invests all your money called a broker?
- It’s called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.
- Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometers.
- When someone asks you, “A penny for your thoughts,” and you put your two cents in, what happens to the other penny?
- I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
- A house is just a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff.
- Most people work just hard enough not to get fired and get paid just enough money not to quit.