Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2006, 05:56 AM
Big Buddy

Love2seeClay is a jewel in the rough
Default Need ideas/help! Fundraisers??

Good morning all! I am hoping that you can help me out and give me some ideas- perhaps some that have worked for you? My daughter is on a t-ball team with 4, 5 and 6 year olds. We are good friends with the coach and his wife, and although it is quite a drive from our house (30 minutes) we choose to play on their team. Anyway - the area this team is from is not good and most of the kids have no money and come from one parent families. They have put me in charge (Team mom) of coming up with some type of fundraiser to pay for our banquet at the end of the season. I need to come up with somethign that can rasie at least $500 (to pay for the food and trophies) - because the kids parents can't afford for them to have a banquet. (It is only $25 to play on this team and a lot of them are there on scholarship because they are way below poverty level).

So here is my request. Do you have any fundraiser ideas? We need to come up with something that has minimal up front costs (as it will probably end up being me and the coach who pays up front for things) - and it could or could not involve the kids.

The only ideas I have come up with is a silent auction or a raffle (see if I can get things donated to us from local businesses), a pancake breakfast, or a car wash..... Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks!
Old 04-12-2006, 06:10 AM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Fundraising Ideas

Here are the obvious ones:

Car Wash
Garage Sale
Bake Sale
Spaghetti, Pancake, Gumbo, etc. Dinner
T-Shirt sale
Bumper stickers
White Elephant Auction in combo with any dinner or garage sale
Raffle (You will probably need written permission from your state gaming commission) Have a cool prize like, DJ for an afternoon (winner picks the play list), trip to neaby location or else where, spa day, etc.

A few less obvious ones

Video tape sale of a school event (sporting event, dance, etc)

Parents Day Out – The team parents offer babysitting for parents. Offer 3 -5 hours of movies, games, food, etc. so that parents can do uninterrupted shopping, dining, etc.

Look to the special talents of the parents. Have a woodworker build a dollhouse and have the girls furnish it; raffle a handmade quilt; raffle a gourmet meal for 4 or 6; closets organized, family portrait (Photo), yard work, etc.

Pizza kit sales – look online for companies. They provide kits ready to assemble. One school does it here and they make oodles of money for band trips.

Contact area supporters to hold events at their business location and see if they will make a donation or match funds raised during a specific event.

This is what my feeble brain can think of this morning, Hope this helps! Let me know what happens.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:40 AM
Big Buddy

JMBred is a jewel in the rough
Default How about...

Cookbooks, community ones where everyone donates recipes, or Tupperware it has no minimum and no money to lay out...http://www.fundraising-yellow-pages.com/. Hope this help, I will think of more as time goes on...
Old 04-12-2006, 07:16 AM
Big Buddy

AEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud ofAEMJ79 has much to be proud of

One fundraiser we are considering for my Husband's Volunteer Fire Dept. is having a coed volleyball tourny. You could possibly borrow a net from a local Ymca or school or someone may have one (or sometimes there are already nets and boundaries set up at local parks). You could charge around 50 to 75 per team (sounds like a lot, but you figure they are going to split it with at least six or seven people), set up brackets and have a double elimination tourney. We are going to advertise that we are not responsible for accidents and have signs posted. You could play one court or two depending on sign ups. The only cost we are going to be out is the cost of t shirts for the winning team and the runner up (which we are so kindly going to label the 'first loser' on their backs), we even got a discount on these so one teams entry will cover the cost of the t-shirts. Our paper lets organizations post things like this for free so we aren't out any cost there. We have gotten a lot of people saying that they want to play, but we haven't actually got that far yet.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:42 AM
Big Buddy

Love2seeClay is a jewel in the rough
Default Thanks!

You guys are wonderful - keep the ideas coming!
Old 04-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Little Buddy

auntnet is a jewel in the rough

One of the sites that was listed here a while back offers a fundraising opp.

Sent-Sations (candles)
http://www.gaylewisbon.scent-team.com/fundraising.php

Also if you have an Ebay account maybe you could get some of the parents to donate items, if you put in your ad that you are trying to raise $ for the team you may get quite a few bids...

Hope this helps.

AuntNet

Last edited by auntnet : 04-12-2006 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member
Wink

I can't think of anything that hasn't been detailed above...just wanted to wish you the best of luck and that I think it is great you make time to help out the team

Lori Ann

P.S.
What about pop can or bottle recycling - could you set up a drive at a local grocery store?
Old 04-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

Do you guys already have a concession stand at the games. Our t-ball games do not, and last year every parent chipped in $10 a piece and we went to Sams and Costcos and purchased lots of candy bars and bottles water & gatoorade. We also purchased some large pizzas and sold them buy the slice. We made tons of $ in our 10 games.

Also, i know that Wal-mart donates things such as ice and cups and sometimes even food products.

Do you know anyone who sales Avon or Tupperware. I have done fundraisers through them as well.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Big Buddy

emtluvs2cook is on a distinguished road

This year we raffled a child's quilt---raised abou $250.
Granted, I bought the material (on sale), and I made the quilt and then donated it. All the mommies sold tickets for a couple of months too. We also had a bakesale. Homemade candies, cookies, I made mini zuccini breads, and hot dogs. By the time Christmas rolled around, we had over $800. Some of the money was from donations, but we raised most of it, to give the kids a little extra for Christmas at my little boys preschool. Some of the kids don't have much, so I think it made a difference! So, see if you have any creative and crafty moms. If she can make it, but can't buy supplies, see if everyone will donate a dollar or two. Hope this helps some.

glow Good friends make you smile...even when you don't feel like smiling glow
Old 04-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Big Buddy

emtluvs2cook is on a distinguished road

Oh...one more thing. When people said they didn't want a ticket because they didn't know a child to give it to if they won it....I told them to donate it to a church or toys for tots and let them give it as a christmas gift!
More than one way to skin a cat!!!

glow Good friends make you smile...even when you don't feel like smiling glow