Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Rebates
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Little Buddy

sokrmom is on a distinguished roadsokrmom is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Money back guarantee is (NOT) a rebate

Is anyone else uncomfortable with many of the postings under the 'REBATE' forum? I find it commendable that manufacturers stand behind their product(s) with a money-back guarantee. Likewise, I find it reprehensible that some consider this to be an invitation to get something for free. I'd be the first in line for a bargain, but I think that equating a money-back guarantee to a rebate is fraudulent.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:05 PM
Big Buddy

xavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud of

I second that...
Old 09-17-2008, 03:11 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Old 09-17-2008, 04:57 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

Old 09-17-2008, 06:50 AM
Big Buddy

luminamorgan is on a distinguished road

I disagree because the rebate forum is for anything (in my opinion) that someone needs to send in, if they feel the need to, to get their money back. If someone is having a problem with it maybe it is because they only use rebates to get money from companies. Personally, I just send in what I need. If I have a problem with a particular product, I like to know where I can go to get my money back in a "Love it or your money back" kind of way. I did not realize that the rebate forum was only for making money, I thought that it was to let others know things that they would not already know on their own.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

IMHO...

Rebate: An offer on a product or service for which you receive
a full or partial rebate. These typically have expiration dates.

Money Back Guarantee: A guarantee that if you purchase a
product or service and are not satisfied, you can obtain your
money back or sometimes a replacement. These are ongoing
and have no expiration date.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Big Buddy

luminamorgan is on a distinguished road
Default Fyi

Some Money Back Guarantees have exp dates.
Hunts (expires 11/30/2008)
Back to Nature Total Taste Promise (expires 11/30/2008)
Breath Right "14 night Challenge" (must be post marked by12/31/2008)
Pepcid (postmarked by 12/31/2008)
Arm and Hammer plus Oxiclean (expires 12/31/2008)
Oscar Mayer (received by 1/15/2009), ETC.

There is a difference in some money back guarantees because usually the ones that have printable forms don't require you to send back the unused products. The ones that are simply posted as a statement of fact, have no exp. dates
Old 09-23-2008, 08:56 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by luminamorgan View Post
I disagree because the rebate forum is for anything (in my opinion) that someone needs to send in, if they feel the need to, to get their money back. If someone is having a problem with it maybe it is because they only use rebates to get money from companies. Personally, I just send in what I need. If I have a problem with a particular product, I like to know where I can go to get my money back in a "Love it or your money back" kind of way. I did not realize that the rebate forum was only for making money, I thought that it was to let others know things that they would not already know on their own.
you are right about everything you said, rebates are rebates and money back guarantee is for money back if you are not satisfied. it's ok to post them both here. just use at your own discretion i guess. as long as the money back guarantee isn't being abused then i don't see anything wrong with posting them both here....cuz you would be surprised at how many "guests" stop by this forum to check things out......a lot of times it's the owner of a company that we post. so just be careful that this "money back guarantee" doesn't get abused.....
Old 09-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Most reputable companies print refund info on their packaging or list it on their Web sites so that customers may ask for their money back if they are unsatisfied. I too, think it should not be posted on the rebate site. It's misleading. And Kelly, your right - we never know who may stop by for a visit. We wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea...just my opinion.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:53 AM
Gablesmom

Default agree.....but.....

I agree with you. I only do "money backs" if I really didn't care for the product. BUT, I know someone who wanted to try something and see what happened. They filled out the form and sent it in, BUT, when asked "why" they didn't like the product they were completely honest. They said that they DID like the product and would buy it again, but would enjoy the money back anyway.

Guess what......they got the money back. They are life long fans of that product now!

Just an idea.....honesty is best.