Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Big Buddy

meandn is on a distinguished roadmeandn is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb A suggestion

I had a thought today when I was entering some of my daily contests. How about if we add a category for wins, big or small?? And great freebies or deals we get? What do you think? It's always fun to share the good stuff and I think it keeps people motivated to keep on trying.

jmho..... Mary wave
Old 02-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road
Wink

I would be interested in seeing if people win any of these things, because lots of times I think it's a gimmick to get customer names, addresses, etc. so they can sell them or use them for advertising.

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

I can make a sticky post at the top of the sweeps forum so people can post their wins.
Old 02-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Big Buddy

Thumbs up To Lindsey

I understand how you feel and I have felt that way myself in the past, but let me offer you my experience as I have been at this for 5 years. First of all, any of the links I would post are going to be ones I have done already myself. Most of the brand name ones offered by the manufacturers themselves can be trusted. They always offer you a look at their privacy policies. Many times there are smaller companies that you may not have heard of who will run a sweeps in order to get their name "out there" and they will also offer you a look at a privacy policy. The ones I don't trust after experiencing much Spam in the early days of my doing this are the contest pages you go to that want you to "sign up for an offer" to be eligible or who have pop-ups as soon as you enter the site or tons of ads all over the pages.(you KNOW the kind I mean!) Most of the time these sites are bad news and I would avoid them. The same applies for survey sites or freebies. Be cautious and read all of the "fine print" if it looks a little off to you, and you will be okay. You can trust the ones I put up on the site and it looks to me as if Suzanne is a pro at this, too, so you can trust her links as well.

Good Luck and go enter some! Mary
Old 02-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Big Buddy

Thumbs up By the way....

Oh, and btw, I have won quite often in the years since I started, one bigger one worth $1000 and some worth around $100 and bunches of little ones like tshirts, candy bars, collectables, GiftCards, etc. It's really fun, you need to try.

Marywave
Old 02-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Big Buddy

Default Idea!

Hey that would work. I would really like to see the suspicious ones like Lindsey join in on the fun!

Mary
Old 02-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road
Talking

Well, every sweep that has been posted to this site, I have entered. There's a couple that did the offers thing and I just didn't do those ones, but all the others I did. I've never knowingly entered into a drawing until this board went up...lol. So we'll see.

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-03-2006, 03:45 PM
Big Buddy

Wink Good for You!

See, you had it all figured out anyway! Anybody who has been using the Internet for a while knows how to be careful. My favorites are the Instant Wins and the daily entries,I win on those more than any others, but I like to enter the Publishers Clearing House Sweeps online, 'cause I'm always after that million! ( http://pch.com/) You can enter daily for some and once you go to the site and enter one, you will get invites for others. I usually have at least two to enter each day under all of my screenames and you don't have to spend money on a stamp. When I posted the Nestle's Crunch Instant Win the other day, some one posted a reply pretty quick that they had just played the game and won a candy bar! Now that I finally got a highspeed hookup, I can enter more each day than I used to on my slow-loading dial-up, so I expect great things!

Have fun and good luck! Mary
Old 02-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Big Buddy

momnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud of

Now that you mention the smaller wins, I did win a bag of Keebler cookies (the coupon for it) and almost everyone I know who entered won one too. I like those kind of sweepstakes.

And I just got high speed, too, and what a difference.

I am going to see if Karen did a Sticky about bargains because I bought the Pfaltzgraff Christmas dishes at Amazon for $19.99 when she had that link. I bought two sets and now they are back to the more expensive price. Oh, and Karen, Flylady says you should never put anything under your bed, and that is where my Christmas dishes are stored. Guess it's Karen-1 Flylady-0 this time!

New Orleans Saints, winners of the 2010 Super Bowl! WHO DAT!!
Old 02-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Karen is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to allKaren is a name known to all

lol Those dishes were a great deal! How do you like them? I'm glad I sent those out as a hot deal, cuz they were either gone the next day or up at a much higher price. Can't remember... lol