Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Sweepstakes
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2006, 01:52 AM
Big Buddy

Melissa is a jewel in the rough

Whenever the paypal instant win started, I did it through myinstantwin.com. I didn't read the rules about having to register your phone first, so I figured I wouldn't get my money. ($5) A while later I read about people registering their phone after they had won and still getting their money. A month later I finally remembered to register mine to see if I would get my money. I figured since I waited so long I wouldn't get it, but I just checked my email and it has been deposited to my account. Hoorah.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper60
6/2/06 Just this morning I won 2 instant win prizes:

Nestle's Crunch Bar yummy

Pack of Nair Product Samples from http://nair.eprize.net/bikinibeach

Good Luck to Everyone in all the contests you enter.
6/28/06
Received the Nair Product Prize Pack....that was quick. Someone posted
here that the 2 moisturizers are only worth about 67 cents...but then there
is the $1 coupon they sent also. Besides, it's not the value of the prize
as much as the THRILL OF WINNING.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Big Buddy

momnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud of

First of all, I won the Nair thing early April and haven't seen a thing yet.

The kids won 2nd prize in the Red Robin Dad's Essay contest. See my post under the specific thread.

New Orleans Saints, winners of the 2010 Super Bowl! WHO DAT!!

Last edited by momnick8 : 06-28-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Big Buddy

Oceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising star
Default $300 win towards a 'Package' - Need Your Opinions

Notified yesterday that I won 3rd prize towards a laser hair removal or skin rejuvenation "PACKAGE" from an ongoing sweeps by American Laser Centers (nationwide). There are 500 3rd prizes like mine as I found the contest online afterwards. 1st prize is $1500, 2nd prize is $500 towards a package. Yet they won't even quote a range of prices to me on the phone. They want me to come in. I'm thinking this will be $1000 and over 'packages' and this is a way to generate business. What is your opinion? Thanks
Old 07-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Well, I am hoping that CONGRATULATIONS! are in order. My skeptical side, however, figgers that if you've won $1000 toward a procedure, you're gonna owe the $500 balance. I truly hope you've won the full price of something that you can actually use.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:49 PM
Big Buddy

Oceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising star
Default I left out that I won $300 worth of services

Can't believe I did that. Here I was so careful about getting everything in!!!! What a dope I am.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Big Buddy

Melissa is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like it is just for them to make money. If they can afford to give away 300 dollars worth the stuff 500 times, plus the other prizes, it seems like it has to be pretty expensive.
If you were looking to do something like that beforehand, then I would say use it, otherwise I wouldn't.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:52 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceangirl
Notified yesterday that I won 3rd prize towards a laser hair removal or skin rejuvenation "PACKAGE" from an ongoing sweeps by American Laser Centers (nationwide). There are 500 3rd prizes like mine as I found the contest online afterwards. 1st prize is $1500, 2nd prize is $500 towards a package. Yet they won't even quote a range of prices to me on the phone. They want me to come in. I'm thinking this will be $1000 and over 'packages' and this is a way to generate business. What is your opinion? Thanks
Well, if 1st prize is $1500, sounds like it might be the full price. So the
$500 you've won towards a package is probably 1/3 the price. I would be very skeptical of a company that won't quote over the phone. Call again and ask if they have a brochure with prices that they could mail to you. If they say no, you need to come in, then I'd chalk this up to the sneaky deal category and not accept the prize at all. Unless you really want it and can afford the extra charges.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Mentor

Jakeysmom is a jewel in the rough

Oceangirl,

I also got that email that I won 3rd prize worth $300. First, I was excited, then I read the fine print and saw what you did...that there are a lot of 3rd prizes. I deleted the email and then received another one from them about 1 week later. I agree with the others...I think it's a sort of a scam to trick us into going in. Those procedures are a lot more than $300.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Big Buddy

Default Thanks to Melissa, Pepper, Jakeysmom

It's a resounding 'no deal'. I sent them a scathing email this morning after receiving my 3rd email and second phone call from American Laser. You know, I was sort of considering facial resurfacing but I don't want to deal with this company because they would probably quote you a higher price anyway! One office is not too far from me...so they have lost business rather than gained. That's fitting.