Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Sweepstakes
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Big Buddy

momnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud of

On her first try, Katie won a MP3 Sound bag worth almost $50 in the Campbells My Slurp game. She doesn't have an MP3 player, but I guess she could sell it on ebay.

New Orleans Saints, winners of the 2010 Super Bowl! WHO DAT!!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:26 PM
New Buddy

flash3967 is a jewel in the rough
0sign0037 Hawaii Here I Come(i Hope) Need Your Help!!

Hi Bargainbuddies,

Some of you may remember that I recently won a neighborhood block party from EDY's Ice CREAM! YUMMMMMMY! I decided that our neighborhood could never possibly eat all that ice cream ourselves.(well maybe) I decided to invite people from two local nursing homes to enjoy my" SUNDAY, SUNDAE PARTY" It felt better giving the party away than actually winning the essay contest.
I had the opportunity to write one more essay for a another company. This contest is titled "Who deserves a second honeymoon?".I am trying to surprise my hubby and win a second honeymoon to Hawaii for us. Your help is very much needed! I hope to really post my winnings on this board on OCTOBER 9th!!! I sure hope I can post something good to you all

BELOW IS MY STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations Shop At Home on your 20th anniversary. Happily, I can say that my husband and I just celebrated our 23rd wedding anniversary! Below is my favorite anniversary story:

Practice makes Perfect

Engagements, weddings and anniversaries go hand in hand in my opinion. Flash back 25 years ago! My husband and I had just begun to date and it was truly the most exciting time in my life. Anxiously, I awaited for my boyfriend to pick me up at my dormitory after his nightly restaurant shift was over. Our dates routinely started out on the later side. We found ourselves at a late night restaurant that featured sit down video game tables. There we enjoyed getting to know each other over some friendly video game action. Did I say action? Oh no not action! Let me rephrase that statement. I would sit at our arcade table waiting ever so patiently for my turn at this new game called Pac Man. My date was busy devouring all those little dots and fruits. So there I sat just waiting and waiting and waiting. Finally my date's turn was over and I could try my luck at this new game. Perhaps, I was overly excited or too anxious to play that I would fumble with the controller and needless to say I lost my turn. I was lucky if I achieved 15 points for my total score. This made up for most of our dating during our first two months of our relationship.
On our last date before I returned home to spend winter break with my family, we decided to spend the entire night together playing Pac Man. One would think with all this practice I would have certainly improved. No such luck.... after another embarrassing night attempting to play Pac Man my boyfriend said "If you ever got to 30,000 points I would ask you to marry me!" I suppose it was pretty safe to say he would be enjoying many more years of being an eligible bachelor! We said our heartfelt goodbyes and home I went for my winter break.
My boyfriend was quite attentive while I was away and called me every night at the same time. No sooner did we hang up the phone I was off to a local hotel's game room that had a Pac Man video game. There, I spent many quarters and practiced for hours upon hours sharpening my skills at this game. He had no clue what I was up to during my winter break.
Well, as you can imagine the first place we went to upon my return to school was our favorite Pac Man hangout. As always, I gave him the honors of going first and patiently awaited my turn. Finally, I had the opportunity that I had been waiting for. I quickly grabbed the controller and I could feel my heart pounding and my hand was shaking from my nerves. Breathe, just breathe I would keep saying over and over in my mind. I forced myself not to look up at my boyfriend's face as I continued with my turn. My boyfriend sat there speechlessly while I was demonstrating my newly acquired gaming skills. I was on my very last turn as my little yellow man was getting cornered and the death of my Pac Man was rapidly approaching I quickly glanced up at my score. I screamed with glee that I was at 29,999!! At that very moment my boyfriend pulled the games electrical cord from the outlet. As he did my score rolled over to 30,000! Needless to say we were engaged a few weeks later. We were married two weeks after my college graduation and have been living happily ever after!!!!! On our anniversary we enjoy reminiscing with our family how a little yellow Pac Man brought two hearts together forever. Practice really does make perfect!!!!!

Hope you all enjoyed my story! It is 100% true.
You the voter have an opportunity to also WIN by just voting for my story( number 114). Remember Voters can win by voting and commenting on my story. Vote today and comment as much as you like. Each vote/comment enters you automatically into a drawing for a Diamond Circle Pendant from Ice.com. and many other gifts baskets and goodies.

If you all vote at shopathome.com please leave me a comment that you are one of "mybargain buddies"! Please take a moment to help me surprise my hubby with a second honeymoon!

MANY THANKS, AMY
Old 09-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Big Buddy

momnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud of

Very cute story. Hope you win.

From the other Edy ice cream winner-

Old 09-27-2006, 05:04 AM
New Buddy

Default hoping to win a trip to Hawaii

I am soo glad you enjoyed the story! Do you think you can go a submit a vote??? Hop on shopathome.com and register to the site(it's free) then look for who deserves a second honeymoon header. my story is #114. place a vote or comment and it enters you into the drawing too!

Amy

PS: feel free to email me flash3967@aol.comclapping
Old 09-27-2006, 10:05 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

hi amy,
i voted for you. that is a nice story.
but you might want to put your story in it's own thread. just go to new thread and post it there so everyone has a chance to see it. not everyone will see it here. good luck
Old 10-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Our friendly area UPS man left a package today. I wasn't expecting
anything and wondered what Spangler (the folks that make dumdum
pops) could be sending me. A freebie, I hoped.

I won a Thank You gift for nominating my niece, Katelyn, in their
"Make Life a Little Sweeter" contest that ended August '06.
I received a bright yellow dumdum pops T-Shirt and a full sized
bag of dumdum pops. Katelyn won as one of 50 runners-up to
the grand prize winner. I haven't heard yet what her prize is.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:59 AM
New Buddy

0sign0037

PLEASE VOTE FOR MY STORY!!! I AM IN FIRST PLACE RIGHT NOW BUT NOT BY ENOUGH IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH GO TO SHOPATHOME.COM

CLICK THE HEADER AT THE TOP THAT SAYS" SHOP AT HOME TURNS 20 WHO DESERVES A SECOND HONEYMOON VOTE TODAY!!!" THEN PLACE THE NUMBER 114 INTO THE SEARCH BAR AND REGISTER AS A FREE MEMBER AND VOTE FOR MY STORY." MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU MUST CONFIRM THE EMAIL THAT COMES TO YOUR MAILBOX. IT WILL SAY "CS7SHOPATHOME THANK YOU FOR VOTING" OPEN THAT AND CONFIRM THE LINK!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE SUNDAY! sO, THAT I CAN POST I WON THE HAWAIIAN HONEYMOON! HELP ME SURPRISE MY HUBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMY
Old 10-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Big Buddy

pepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIPpepper60 is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper60
Our friendly area UPS man left a package today. I wasn't expecting
anything and wondered what Spangler (the folks that make dumdum
pops) could be sending me. A freebie, I hoped.

I won a Thank You gift for nominating my niece, Katelyn, in their
"Make Life a Little Sweeter" contest that ended August '06.
I received a bright yellow dumdum pops T-Shirt and a full sized
bag of dumdum pops. Katelyn won as one of 50 runners-up to
the grand prize winner. I haven't heard yet what her prize is.

Found out that my neice also received a T-shirt & bag of dumdum pops.

Old 10-08-2006, 12:17 AM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3967
PLEASE VOTE FOR MY STORY!!! I AM IN FIRST PLACE RIGHT NOW BUT NOT BY ENOUGH IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH GO TO SHOPATHOME.COM

CLICK THE HEADER AT THE TOP THAT SAYS" SHOP AT HOME TURNS 20 WHO DESERVES A SECOND HONEYMOON VOTE TODAY!!!" THEN PLACE THE NUMBER 114 INTO THE SEARCH BAR AND REGISTER AS A FREE MEMBER AND VOTE FOR MY STORY." MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU MUST CONFIRM THE EMAIL THAT COMES TO YOUR MAILBOX. IT WILL SAY "CS7SHOPATHOME THANK YOU FOR VOTING" OPEN THAT AND CONFIRM THE LINK!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE SUNDAY! sO, THAT I CAN POST I WON THE HAWAIIAN HONEYMOON! HELP ME SURPRISE MY HUBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMY
When you win, do we all get a postcard?

Old 10-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Little Buddy

BrendaR is a jewel in the rough

in the past couple of months I have won 4 tix to Sea World, 4 tix to Sesame Street live, and 2 gift certs for 1 hour massages. Really needed those massages after taking my 2 kids to Sea World and Sesame live. lol