Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2008, 03:53 AM
Big Buddy

ashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIP
Yeahmarker Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer

After having major withdrawals after my coffee-mate ran out and then knowing I wasn't alone when Nicole posted that she was too, I set myself on a quest to make the perfect copycat recipe. I have this posted on Recipezaar for safe keeping too (so if ya try it, rate it )

Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer

Ingredients:
1 pint fat-free half-and-half (or regular, but I like the fat free, lol)
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/8 cup peppermint syrup (I got mine at Starbucks for about $6)

Directions:

1. pour the half and half into a medium saucepan.
2. stir chocolate chips into the pan.
3. turn the heat onto medium-low and melt the chocolate into the half and half.
4. DO NOT LET THIS BOIL.
5. Once the chocolate is melted turn the heat off.
6. give it a good stir and mix in the peppermint syrup.
7. Store in a container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (but it never lasts that long, lol).

Con Amore, tutte cose sono possibili

inthekitchenwithme.blogspot.com
Old 01-29-2008, 05:29 AM
Big Buddy

Kathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributer

YUMMY! So easy to make on your own.

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Old 01-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Big Buddy

Mingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shaker

I was at a store here, Fred Meyer, a week and a half ago and they had there creamer on sale for $2.00 a bottle and then a $.75 coupon off......I tried remembering what type you liked but couldn't....I got some pumpkin spice & egg nog.....nt thebest, but worth the price of $1.25 for 16 ounces. I am still a french vanilla by international delights girl.

Is the syrup you got DaVanci? or the other brand.....I can get the big bottles for less than $4.50 out here at cash & carry

Cindy
Old 01-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Big Buddy

Mingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shaker

Hoping you got the bottle of syrup for the $6....if not I can get it for you cheaper.

Cindy
Old 01-30-2008, 03:51 AM
Big Buddy

ashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIP

I got it at Starbucks. so it's their brand, but I'm sure any brand will work

Con Amore, tutte cose sono possibili

inthekitchenwithme.blogspot.com
Old 01-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Big Buddy

mabear74 is a name known to allmabear74 is a name known to allmabear74 is a name known to allmabear74 is a name known to allmabear74 is a name known to allmabear74 is a name known to allmabear74 is a name known to allmabear74 is a name known to allmabear74 is a name known to allmabear74 is a name known to allmabear74 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy in Greendale View Post
YUMMY! So easy to make on your own.

Have you had success in making this Kathy?
Old 03-18-2008, 06:42 PM
New Buddy

can can girl is a brand new buddy
Default RE: Peppermint Mocha Creamer

What am I doing wrong??

I made this recipe like you said- being really careful about the boiling etc, but after I put the mixture in a bottle, the chocolate mixture set at the top of the bottle. Am I doing something wrong? Also, tasted kind of weird. I even bought the Starbuck's syrup. Do I need to add some sugar or something? The white chocolate chips I bought were Nestle. I'm wondering if this would taste better w/Nestle Regular Coffee Mate rather than half-n-half.

Can Can Girl
Old 10-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbabe View Post
After having major withdrawals after my coffee-mate ran out and then knowing I wasn't alone when Nicole posted that she was too, I set myself on a quest to make the perfect copycat recipe. I have this posted on Recipezaar for safe keeping too (so if ya try it, rate it )

Peppermint Mocha Coffee Creamer

Ingredients:
1 pint fat-free half-and-half (or regular, but I like the fat free, lol)
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/8 cup peppermint syrup (I got mine at Starbucks for about $6)

Directions:

1. pour the half and half into a medium saucepan.
2. stir chocolate chips into the pan.
3. turn the heat onto medium-low and melt the chocolate into the half and half.
4. DO NOT LET THIS BOIL.
5. Once the chocolate is melted turn the heat off.
6. give it a good stir and mix in the peppermint syrup.
7. Store in a container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (but it never lasts that long, lol).

Was at Safeway tonight and seen the Peppermint Mocha Coffeemate Creamer there, Got a bottle and then put it back, wanted to make sure that was the one that you were talking about, gonna have to try it this year. Safeway also had there brand of Peppermint White Chocolate....wonder how that tastes.