Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Big Buddy

Mingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shaker
Helpmarker Did you order from magazinebargains.com???

Back in July I ordered several subscriptions from this company and as of today have yet to receive any subscription, below is my confirmation from them. But when I emailed them and went to their web page it is gone and the email game back undeliverable.
I am the only one to get scammed and is there a way to get my money back? Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Invoice

Date: 07-08-2008 06:44:20 PM
Order id: #16782
Order status: Processed
Payment method:
Google Checkout
Delivery method:
USPS Media Mail MagazineBargains.com
E-Mail: support@magazinebargains.com

Products ordered
SKU Product Item price Quantity Total

4279 OK! Magazine Options: Subscription Type: New

$7.57 1 $7.57
40558 Dog Fancy Magazine Options: Subscription Type: New

$10.76 1 $10.76
134 True Story Magazine Options: Subscription Type: New

$10.96 1 $10.96
2041 Country Weekly Magazine Options: Subscription Type: New

$4.00 1 $4.00
Subtotal: $33.29
Shipping cost: $0.00

Total: $33.29
Old 11-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Big Buddy

tressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud of

I don't think I've ever ordered from this site, but a lot of these magazine sites are connected. And when I have ordered from a bargain subscription site, it has taken as long as 6 to 8 months for some subscriptions to start. After the first time, I learned to ignore it and wait.

But I never had a site disappear on me. Check them through consumeraffairs.com for other complaints. Maybe someone here has the website for the on-line type of better business bureau reports. Have you googled the site yet?

Did they charge you when you ordered (the other ones I use do) ? If so, and you still have your statements you should have a phone number back when the charge went through.

Good luck. I'm sure someone else on here will have more to add.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:26 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Cool

I am so sorry to hear this Mingo. I have never heard of this site but I have to say magazines are about the only shopping catagory where I have lost money online. I stick to tried and true places now for the most part.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:52 PM
Big Buddy

Mingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shaker

Thanks for the information, I will look back and see if there was a number on my bank statement when they debited my account. Back on the original thread that I found, there was several others that ordered the magazine and I was wondering if they got there mags yet?
Old 11-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Mentor

Sugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIP

I ordered OK! Magazine from this company and I haven't received my subscription yet either.

Here's the link that I ordered from.
http://mybargainbuddy.com/forums/sho...light=magazine
Old 11-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Big Buddy

JennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributer

I did a google search, and apparently this is a known magazine scam. I found a lot of different message boards where people were complaining and warning others.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Big Buddy

xavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud of

Call your credit card and ask for a refund. I ordered OK magazine from them in August and just checked the OK mag site and they have no record of the order--could be that it is just taking a long time, but I think I'm just going to see if my credit card will refund my money...the webiste no longer comes up and that's a little unnerving!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Big Buddy

I checked my bank statement and there is no phone number, I am calling my bank tomorrow to see what I can do to get my money back. I also went to google checkout and the status is still in process, so I went thr them to mediate. No place to type in that they have closed down the website and let google know what is going on, hopefully they will respond, I do know that it says you only have 90 days from purchase to start mediation, so if the others of you need to do that then now is the time to get it started.

Guess I may keep one credit card just for online purchases and not use my debit card. learned a hard lesson on this one.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Big Buddy

Well I went to the bank today after work to dispute the charges and they are sending me paperwork to my house. Then when I check my email just now here is the letter I got from Google. They are being great. Once I know the money is back in my account I will be so much happier. Guess they must have had complaints. So if you ordered from them, get ahold of google.

Hello Cynthia,

Thank you for contacting us about Google Order #433474170901194. We no
longer allow Magazinebargains.com to process orders using Google Checkout.
Since your account shows that you have already been charged for this
order, we have issued you a refund to the credit card used to place this
order. Refunds can take up to three business days to appear on your credit card statement. If the refund does not appear, please contact your bank for
more information.

If the seller provides sufficient evidence that your order was completed
according to our Terms of Service and their published policies, you may be
recharged for this order. If you don't hear from us within four weeks,
please consider this refund final.

If you'd like to place a new order with this seller outside of Google
Checkout, please do so at your own risk. Alternatively, to view a
selection of other stores using Google Checkout, please visit
http://www.google.com/checkout/m.html

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this order may have caused
you.

Sincerely,

Taylor
The Google Checkout Team
Old 11-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Big Buddy

xavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud of

Glad you were able to take care of this, cynthia... sounds like googlecheckout is a good one you can trust!