Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Big Buddy

alice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fans
Default What I Saw

Isn't this interesting...I saw two threads a few weeks ago. One was a McCain thread and one was an Obama thread. I went into the Obama thread expecting to see fellow Obama lovers. Instead I was totally blown away with the Obama bashing in there. Today I go into the McCain thread to see if he is getting equal time. Maybe I didn't look far enough but didn't see ONE anti McCain comment.

Needless to say, I'm not going in EITHER ONE again.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
MVP

Krissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIP

This has been a sore subject and in a week there wont be any threads to bash or not bash in, Please don't let it take away from all the other wonderful things we here at MBB have to offer.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

well since we all have strong and different beliefs over this presidency i think we should all just keep our comments on our political beliefs to ourself unless we can discuss them in an appropriate manner. i found that out the hard way. i know who i am voting for and i am not going to persuade others to follow my beliefs. let's just remember this is a family friendly board and we need to act like adults. we are all entitled to our own beliefs.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Big Buddy

xavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud of

Can't wait till these threads are dead...it would be one thing if useful information was being posted, but the amount of conjecture and smears that people are posting makes my blood boil! I try not to read them at all anymore.

I can't wait till this election is over, for that matter!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:57 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

i agree. and i was guilty for making 1 or 2 comments on the last thread that was deleted. like i said, we are all human and entitled to our own opinions. i can't wait til the election is over!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Big Buddy

sweetsabra is a special membersweetsabra is a special membersweetsabra is a special member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Isn't this interesting...I saw two threads a few weeks ago. One was a McCain thread and one was an Obama thread. I went into the Obama thread expecting to see fellow Obama lovers. Instead I was totally blown away with the Obama bashing in there. Today I go into the McCain thread to see if he is getting equal time. Maybe I didn't look far enough but didn't see ONE anti McCain comment.

Needless to say, I'm not going in EITHER ONE again.
Not only that, but if you're an Obama supporter (such as myself), you'll get bashed if you try to point out the smears and lies being posted. Be careful. I quit posting here for that reason alone. People here aren't who they pretend to be. Quite a few people (McCain supporters) sent me nasty, rude personal messages and called me names publicly, such as stupid. I was really disappointed that this was allowed to go on and seemed to be encouraged by a few moderators.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:56 AM
MVP

Krissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIPKrissy is a MBB VIP

The situation was addressed and that thread was deleted. People who let their passions get the best of them apologized including the 1 mod who is as committed to her choice as you are to yours. We as adults agreed to better behavior and this post will not become a bashing one.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Big Buddy

sweetsabra is a special membersweetsabra is a special membersweetsabra is a special member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissy View Post
The situation was addressed and that thread was deleted. People who let their passions get the best of them apologized including the 1 mod who is as committed to her choice as you are to yours. We as adults agreed to better behavior and this post will not become a bashing one.
I got one apology from a moderator. That moderator is not the one that called me stupid for defending Obama and the lies that were spread. So, no, people who let their passions get the best of them did not apologize. I have not bashed anyone, but of course whenever I post an opinion it is not allowed.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Big Buddy

Michelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on up

I read through all the posts you are talking about and I think it would be better to just let it go. I understand Sabra that you are frustrated and you had your feelings hurt and thats understandable but to continue to let it bother you isnt worth it. These are hard times for everyone and this election really has people worried. I have said it before and I ll say it now.. I am voting for OBama and thats my choice and thats the end of it. There were some comments in that thread that got out of hand but it was on both sides of the fence... several were guilty of saying things they shouldnt but this is the internet where people post ideas, comments, feelings and opinions and we (meaning anyone and everyone) arent going to like each person we come in contact with on the internet or agree with everything they say but soon the election will be over and hopefully by the grace of God we will all find ourselves in a better place economically no matter who is elected. This board has a lot of great people on it and and lot of great mods too so maybe you'll find it in you to overlook one bad experience because sometimes people just have to agree to disagree.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:10 AM
MVP

Very well put Mich