Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Little Buddy

FlyingCars is a jewel in the rough
Default Fool Proof Thanksgiving

So there is a recipe where you could be done cooking your bird in 2 hours. Wanted to share with you all at www.safeway.com/thanksgiving they have a 2 hour turkey recipe that according to their culinary experts is fool proof. Thoughts?
Old 11-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Hmm...can't view the video right now. I guess 2 hours would be good, depending upon the size of the bird and what you cook in the oven at the same time. If you've cooked your dressing/stuffing separately and the bird isn't large, I can see where 2 hrs might be only a little shy of being a reasonable time.

Check out this link for all recipes: http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Turkey-C...de/Detail.aspx
Old 11-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Little Buddy

FlyingCars is a jewel in the rough

yeah 2 hours is great! Thanksgiving can definitely be one of those holidays where you feel rushed. The recipe makes cooking a turkey easier and faster than usual which helps take away stress. I also like the planning guide tool, helps you plan out everything
Old 11-20-2008, 12:20 AM

Mary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to allMary C is a name known to all
0sign0050

Sounds to me like it's more like a 3 hour turkey,
since you have to preheat the oven and allow extra
time if it's a large bird!

I think they should also mention cleaning the surfaces
where the raw turkey was placed and washing their hands!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:07 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary C View Post
Sounds to me like it's more like a 3 hour turkey,
since you have to preheat the oven and allow extra
time if it's a large bird!

I think they should also mention cleaning the surfaces
where the raw turkey was placed and washing their hands!
Excellent point, Mary C. . .they never mention the hard parts (Like giving birth. . .no one ever reveals the secrets, you just gotta find it out for yourself.)