Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2008, 08:27 PM
Little Buddy

Chevytruckgirl is a jewel in the rough
0sign0037 Is the Great american baby photo contest a scam?

I entered my daughters picture and now I get emails saying she has been choosen as one of americas cutest babies but each email is trying to get me to buy something first it was a book with her pic and other kids in it. Now it's a plaque with her pic on it and a certificate. Is this something they do for everyone? A way to make money because who doesn't want to think their baby won something for being cute. Come on though, for the book they wanted almost $70 and for the plaque $48.95. I don't want to be a sucker in a scam. I haven't told my hubby because he'll swell with pride and buy the silly things, lol. I'm not sure what to think. Does anyone know if it's a scam?
Old 12-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Big Buddy

alice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fans

bump.........

anybody know?

(looked okay to me on google)
Old 12-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Big Buddy

ashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIPashbabe is a MBB VIP

I received an email from them yesterday.. I don't even have a baby in my house (PJ is 12, lol) I moved it straight to the junk box.

I'd be very wary of those. In my honest opinion.

Con Amore, tutte cose sono possibili

inthekitchenwithme.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Big Buddy

xavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud ofxavirose has much to be proud of

It's probably not a scam, BUT, I"m sure they use all of the entrants' info to market as much as stuff as possible to and make money. That's kind of how that International Society of Poetry contest works also: All of the entrants (I think) make it as a "finalist" and they try to sell you a book with your poem in it, a plaque, etc. If you are REQUIRED to buy any of this stuff then it is a scam, but as long as you can be a part of the contest without submitting any money you should be okay. Just be ready to get a whole bunch of offers to buy more stuff!
Old 12-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Big Buddy

alice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fans

great answer rose. as chevytruckgirl said, she DID enter the contest.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:57 AM
Big Buddy

sweetsabra is a special membersweetsabra is a special membersweetsabra is a special member

They're listed on ripoffreport.com I wouldn't trust them. Here is a link:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0333998.htm

I've heard of a lot of places that do this. Everyone that enters "wins" a picture of their child in a book. You win none of the prizes they mention, but they want you to pay for a book of some sorts. I know there's a company out there that does the same with professionals to list their credentials, but I can't recall the name offhand.

Here's another link saying it's a scam: CLICK

Last edited by sweetsabra : 12-10-2008 at 02:01 AM.