Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Big Buddy

Stubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud of
Default looking... starter for friendship cake

does anyone have the recipie for the starter for a friendship cake?
Old 11-30-2008, 02:23 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

AMISH FRIENDSHIP CAKE Starter

1 pkg. dry yeast
1 c. milk
1 c. flour
1 c. sugar

In a glass bowl using a non-metal spoon, stir 1 package dry yeast into 1 cup milk. Add 1 cup flour and 1 cup sugar, stirring until smooth. Cover loosely and place on kitchen counter. Do Not Refrigerate Starter. Count this as day 1. Day 2, 3 and 4 stir mixture. Day 5 add 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk and 1 cup flour to starter mixture, stirring until smooth. Days 6, 7, 8 and 9 stir mixture. Day 10 add 1 cup sugar, 1 cup milk and 1 cup flour to starter mixture. Starter is now ready to be used to make cake and give to friends.

AMISH FRIENDSHIP CAKE:

1 1/3 c. starter
2/3 c. vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. salt
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 c. chopped nuts
1 c. chopped apple
1 c. raisins
In a large bowl mix 1 1/3 cups starter with oil, soda, cinnamon, sugar, eggs, salt, flour and baking powder. Beat well until smooth. Fold in nuts, apple and raisins. Bake at 350 degrees in a greased and floured tube pan for 50 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. Remaining starter can be divided into 1 1/3 cup portions and given to friends.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Big Buddy

Stubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud ofStubby has much to be proud of

I am looking for the one that uses fruit and I believe brandy and sugar in the starter.

Thanks I will try this one
Old 12-01-2008, 02:35 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubby View Post
I am looking for the one that uses fruit and I believe brandy and sugar in the starter.

Thanks I will try this one
Brandied Fruit Starter Ingredients

1 can 15 1/4 oz Crushed pineapple
1 1/4 cup Sugar
1 can (16 oz) Sliced peaches drained and cut up
1 1/4 cups Brandy Brandy of choice
1 10 oz jar Cherries drained and cut

Instructions for Brandied Fruit Starter

THIS STARTER CAN BE USED TO BAKE FRIENDSHIP CAKES OR USE WITH OTHER DESSERTS.

1. Combine all ingredients in a non-metal bowl. Stir gently.
2. Place in a large jar and cover with a cloth top or paper towel secured by a rubber band and let stand at room tempature for 3 weeks, stirring fruit twice each week.
3. At the end of 3 weeks, there should be at least 3 cups of brandied fruit. This is enough to cook 3 cakes.

Always leave 1 cup of brandied fruit starter in the jar.

Step 1: Add a can of peaches and 1 cup of sugar.

Let this stand in the jar for 2 weeks, stir occasionally.

Step 2: At the end of 2 weeks add a jar of cherries and a cup of sugar.

Let stand for 2 more weeks, stir occasionally.

Step 3: Add a can of pineapple and a cup of sugar and let stand for 2 weeks, stir occasionally.

Bake yourself a cake, give your friend a cake and you will have 1 cup of starter to begin the steps again.

Last edited by Modemouth : 12-01-2008 at 02:38 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Big Buddy

Bless you!!! this is the one. I have made this many times and lost my recipie. my family prefers this over fruitcake .
Old 12-01-2008, 10:28 AM

Smile

you're welcome Stubby!