Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2008, 07:25 AM
Big Buddy

tressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud oftressa_4 has much to be proud of
Default Directv or Dish Network? Opinions Anyone?

I've had Directv for so many years now I couldn't say. The customer service is poor to say the least. The reason I've stayed is because I seldom have to use it. Now I have an issue with the DVR receiver and absolutely dread talking to these people. I had to fight to get the DVR receiver and then they sent us a used one (and when they installed it, they conveniently removed me from the 'protection' account where if something broke I didn't have to beg or pay for a new one. I found this out when one of the remotes we've had for years died.)

I'm thinking of just switching over to Dish Network while they have so many specials going.

Does anyone have any service stories - good or bad - about them?

Thanks.

Tressa
Old 12-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Big Buddy

alice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fans

I agree with you on Directv. I had them for years and their customer service was horrible. I don't have anything where I am now but the neighbors have Dish mostly and love it. Think they've been running some good specials too. The prices seem to be better and they don't keep jacking up the rates.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Big Buddy

JennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributerJennJenn is a wonderful contributer

We have Dish and love it!
Old 12-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Big Buddy

Oceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising starOceangirl is a rising star

Update....I got Directv about 4 months ago. The 'Choice' program. I've called them 5 times to try and remove in the lineup what's on the stations I don't get. Every time has been a failure after spending an hour with each agent. The last time I insisted someone knowledgeable call me. They promised 'within 48 hours' and I never heard from them again. So I'm continually going into stations and finding the little message 'you don't get this'. EXTREMELY annoying but will endure it until the contract runs out.
Old 12-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Big Buddy

Kathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributer

We've had DirecTV for a couple of years now with absolutely no problems. I should knock on wood!

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Old 12-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Big Buddy

Michelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on up

Have had both... prefer Directv hands down. I dont like Dish lineup and selections. I get more channels for a lesser price with Directv. I have Tivo and have never had a problem. As for their customer service... odd, cause I have never had a problem with them on that either and my bill has never been wrong. Enjoy which ever you chose!
Old 01-07-2009, 03:47 PM
New Buddy

Sellingen is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceangirl View Post
Update....I got Directv about 4 months ago. The 'Choice' program. I've called them 5 times to try and remove in the lineup what's on the stations I don't get. Every time has been a failure after spending an hour with each agent. The last time I insisted someone knowledgeable call me. They promised 'within 48 hours' and I never heard from them again. So I'm continually going into stations and finding the little message 'you don't get this'. EXTREMELY annoying but will endure it until the contract runs out.

Depending on what kind of receiver you have, there should be an option to make a favorites list of ONLY the channels you get. On mine, you press menu on the remote, go to 'Parental, Fav's & Setup', then 'favorite channels'. Go to edit settings, press 'Custom 1', and then 'Add Ch's I Get'.

It drove me nuts constantly coming across the "You do not subscribe to this channel" message. I was so happy when I figured out how to get rid of all those. Let me know if you need any help.

~S
Old 01-07-2009, 10:54 PM
Big Buddy

Michelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on up

Theres no way for them to take channels off your list that you dont get.. you ll need to create a favs list like someone else posted. The channels are like that for both companies... my MIL has Dish and she has to do the same thing, its just one of those annoying parts of satellite.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:47 AM
Big Buddy

Dartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributerDartman is a wonderful contributer

Yep....the chanel list is YOUR responsibility and is very easy to take care of.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Big Buddy

jennzenn is a special memberjennzenn is a special member

ok so this post caught my eye.......

I work for directv as a ccr.....so you can't talk bad any more...lol j/k!! But seriously no matter which company you choose for anything good and bad can be found for both....

but hey need any directv advise let me know...lol