Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Recipe Swap
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2006, 07:03 AM
New Buddy

Janet Monk is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up The Bread Thread

two yeast in 1/2 cup warm water (I add 1 t. sugar to yeast)
2 cups rye flour
3 cups potato water or warm water
add a little sugar maybe 2 T. 1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup lard or crisco
1 1/2 t. salt
It takes about 6 cups white flour(more or less)
375 degrees for 30 minutes, then 350 degrees for 10 minutes
can use the mixer to start, add all ingredients, then kneed till isn't sticky, let set for about one hour, get 3 pans ready( I use Pam spray) let set again in the three pans till dough is about 1 inch above pans, bake as above, After bread is baked , rub with butter and place on rack.

I NOW USE SPLENDA IN PLACE OF THE SUGAR!! WORKS FINE. GOOD LUCK!!
Old 02-04-2006, 08:03 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Smile Oatmeal Toasting and Sandwich Bread

Oatmeal Toasting and Sandwich Bread

This tender bread is just slightly sweet.

3 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
1 cup rolled oats (old-fashioned oats)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons brown sugar or honey
2 teaspoons instant yeast OR 1 packet active dry yeast*
1 1/4 cups lukewarm milk
3/4 cup raisins or currants (optional)

*If you use active dry yeast, dissolve it in the warm milk before combining with the remaining ingredients.

Manual Method: In a large mixing bowl, or in the bowl of an electric mixer, combine all of the ingredients, mixing to form a shaggy dough. Knead dough, by hand (10 minutes) or by machine (5 minutes) till it's smooth. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover and allow it to rest for 1 hour; it'll become quite puffy, though it may not double in bulk. Shape as directed below.

Bread Machine Method: Place all of the ingredients (except the fruit) into the pan of your machine, program machine for manual or dough, and press Start. About 10 minutes before the end of the second kneading cycle, check dough and adjust its consistency as necessary with additional flour or water; finished dough should be soft and supple. Add the raisins or currants about 3 minutes before the end of the final kneading cycle. Shape as directed below.

Shaping: Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled surface, and shape it into a log. Place the log in a lightly greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, cover the pan (with an acrylic proof cover, or with lightly greased plastic wrap), and allow the dough to rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour, till it's crested 1 to 2 inches over the rim of the pan.

Baking: Bake the bread in a preheated 350°F oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 190°F. If the bread appears to be browning too quickly, tent it with aluminum foil for the final 10 minutes of baking. Yield: 1 loaf.
Old 02-05-2006, 11:22 AM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Yummy Lemon Bread

Yummy Lemon Bread Yields: 12 servings

INGREDIENTS:
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS:
1. Generously grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine melted butter or margarine and sugar. Add eggs, and mix until light and fluffy. Add milk, baking powder, lemon rind, and chopped nuts. Mix well. Sift flour, and gradually add to mixture; mix to just combine.
3. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
4. While bread is baking, combine lemon juice and confectioners' sugar in small dish. Stir well before using. Immediately upon removing bread from oven, place pan on a cooling rack. Using a large fork, poke holes all over the bread. Pour lemon juice mixture over the top of the bread. Cool for 15 minutes, and then remove from pan.

I have a ton of baking recipes, because I cook by sight? er, ear? I dunno, I'm a "pincher and a tosser"...so I don't have many for dinners, etc, but I LOVE this bread. It's my favorite dessert!

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-23-2006, 08:26 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Talking EASY Beer Bread

EASY BEER BREAD

3 cups all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 TBsp granulated sugar
1 (12-ounce) can or bottle of beer

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine all ingredients. Mix well.
You do not have to let it set and rise!
Pour into greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.

The beer gives the bread a deep yeast flavor. Even though all of the alcohol does cook out, if you prefer to use a non-alcoholic beverage, any carbonated soda will work.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:09 PM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member

My hubby's ears perked up when he heard beer, lol (beer yummy)
I think I'm married to Homer Simpson, lol

Lori Ann
Old 02-23-2006, 11:28 PM
Mentor

Dru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to allDru15 is a name known to all
Wink

Let's see......now if I make the Beer bread.......and make the Rum Cake for dessert.........I think I'd better not drive my car for awhile. lol speechless

The bread recipe sounds good, that's another keeper.
Old 02-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Big Buddy

emtluvs2cook is on a distinguished road
Lookicon Homemade Dinner Rolls

Ingredients:1pack or 1tbs of active dry yeast , 1cup milk, scalded ' 1/4 cup sugar ` 1/2 tsp salt , 1/4 cup oil '' 3-4cups of all purpose or bread flour{i like bread flour best} ' pan spray, stick of butter to butter finished rolls ' ' Heat milk in microwave about 3 min, or until very hot, not boiling. Measure int o bowl the sugar, oil, and salt. put yeast in 1/4 cup of very warm water to dissolve. When milk is heated add to bowl w/sugar, oil and salt. Stir occasionally until dissolved and is no longer hot. Add enough flour to make a "paste". Should be thick like brownie mix.
Add beaten egg and dissolved yeast mixture and stir until combined really well.
Add flour a little at a time until you get a soft dough and it can be turned out and kneaded on floured surface . Knead until soft and elastic. Coat with oil in a bowl and cover. Let rise about 1 1/2 hrs or until doubled. punch dough down to remove air. Spray a large bread pan and form dough into golf ball sized balls or desired size. cover on pan and let rise again until doubled. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven about 15 min. or until golden brown. Remove from oven and butter tops of rolls while hot. This one batch should make 12 to 20 good sized rolls . I rarely make less than 2 batches. It seems like lots of work, but its not so bad and the taste is definitely worth it. My mom taught me to make these when I was 10 and I have made them ever since. Its also great for cinnamon rolls. After the first rise pat dough into large square and coat with butter, sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon__don't be stingy!! roll up and slice. Let rise on pan until doubled and bake brushing with butter after. Then make a little icing with butter, confectioner sugar, drop of vanilla and drizzle.
Hope you guys enjoy these rolls!!! Let me know!!! Leanne
Old 02-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Mentor

Jakeysmom is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Yum!

Thanks for the recipe post Leanne. We're going to try it and make cinnamon rolls tomorrow. Yummy!

Carolyn
Old 02-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouibphoebe
Thanks for the recipe post Leanne. We're going to try it and make cinnamon rolls tomorrow. Yummy!

Carolyn
I hope you like them!!! Let me know!! You can also make the dough the night before. After mixing and putting in oiled bowl cover and refrigerate. The next day, punch down and make rolls, let rise, and bake. Rising may take alittle longer after refrigeration, but it comes in handy. Especially on the holidays when you have so many dishes to make. Enjoy Leanne
Old 02-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Big Buddy

Definitely a recipe I will try!!!! I love to bake homemade bread and my family loves to eat it.. simple recipes like this one are ALWAYS a plus. Lots of home made breads are sooooo fussy. Thanks......Leanne