This recipe is posted to accompany Tressa's Caramel/Salt post in Chit-Chat (which can be found here: http://www.mybargainbuddy.com/forums...160#post639160
Smucker's Caramel Nut Cupcakes
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOK TIME: 25 min
• Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
• 1 (18.25 oz.) package Pillsbury® Reduced Sugar Yellow Cake
• 3 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
• 2/3 cup water
• 3 large eggs
• 3/4 cup Smucker's® Sugar Free Caramel Spoonable Ice Cream Topping
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
• 1/2 cup Pillsbury® Reduced Sugar Vanilla Frosting
• 1 tablespoon Smucker's® Sugar Free Caramel Spoonable Ice Cream Topping
1 HEAT oven to 350°F. Place 24 paper baking cups in muffin tins. Lightly coat baking cups with no-stick cooking spray.
2 COMBINE cake mix, oil, water, eggs, 3/4 cup caramel topping and cinnamon in large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in walnuts. Fill each baking cup with a scant 1/4 cup batter.
3 BAKE 25 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on cooling rack.
4 PLACE frosting and 1 tablespoon caramel topping in resealable plastic bag. Knead until blended and smooth. Cut a small tip off one corner. Drizzle caramel frosting over cooled cupcakes.
TIP Be sure cupcakes are completely cooled before removing baking cup.