Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Big Buddy

bluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud of
Default Idol Apologizes to Contestant for Suggesting He Threatened Judges

American Idol has apologized to contestant Mark Mudd for suggesting he threatened the judges during an audition show last week in Louisville, Ky.

After Mudd was rejected, the 25-year-old wannabe singer told the judges, "Take care and be careful."

Paula Abdul interpreted that line as a threat, explaining that it's "not a normal thing to say to people."

On Thursday, Idol reps issued the following apology:

"We apologize to any viewers who were offended by the misinterpretation of the contestant's comment to 'be careful' upon completion of his audition in Louisville, KY.

"Our visits to audition cities are relatively brief and sometimes regional greetings and salutations are lost in translation. We had not heard that phrase from any other contestants during the day, so it took everyone by surprise.

"We now know better and look forward to visiting Louisville again someday."
Old 01-29-2009, 12:28 PM
Big Buddy

pamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributer

We thought that was ridiculous when they took that as a threat. We say that all the time when someone is leaving.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

paula Abdul is a whack job.......she needs to go
Old 01-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Big Buddy

pamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributerpamsm is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
I agree - she just acts weird most of the time and never says anything helpful to the singers.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:23 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
ya she is a bit flaky
Old 01-30-2009, 09:19 AM
Big Buddy

travlfreek is a MBB VIPtravlfreek is a MBB VIPtravlfreek is a MBB VIPtravlfreek is a MBB VIPtravlfreek is a MBB VIPtravlfreek is a MBB VIPtravlfreek is a MBB VIPtravlfreek is a MBB VIPtravlfreek is a MBB VIPtravlfreek is a MBB VIPtravlfreek is a MBB VIP

Some of these contestants are a hoot!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Big Buddy

bluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud ofbluebird has much to be proud of
Default 'Idol' axes 43 hopefuls in 1st round in Hollywood

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Hollywood was just a layover for the 43 hopefuls cut Tuesday during the first round of Hollywood Week on "American Idol."

The 147 contestants plucked from nationwide auditions performed an a cappella song of their choosing on the Kodak Theatre stage with 104 singers advancing to the next step in the Fox singing competition.

Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell briefly sparred when hopeful Erika Wesley pleaded with the judges to give her a second chance. Abdul told Wesley she wanted her to advance, but the other three judges voted against her.

Cowell called Abdul out, noting that she had actually written down a "no" vote. Abdul claimed he could not read her handwriting.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Big Buddy

Default Bikini Girl, Idol Judge Face Off Again

American Idol contestant Katrina Darrell -- a.k.a. Bikini Girl -- and judge Kara DioGuardi faced off again Tuesday during the first round of Hollywood Week.

Before performing an a cappella version of Faith Hill's "Breathe," Darrell -- who sang fully clothed -- was asked why she could be the next American Idol.

"I'm the next American Idol because ... I am," she said.

After her song, DioGuardi joked about their frosty first encounter during auditions: "We had a fun time last time, didn't we?

"What can I say? You're a beautiful girl," she went on. "I have to tell you, when you started the song, you were better than your last audition. You had me thinking I was wrong – but actually, I think I was right! It went off at the end and got thin."

Simon Cowell pretended to make clawing noises into his mic.

Darrell told the judges she would have sounded better if she had music playing as a backing track.

Said Cowell, "I absolutely agree that, with music, it would have been a lot better. It was better than your first audition."
Old 02-04-2009, 03:00 PM
Big Buddy

I don't think Hollywood week, so far, has been very good.

Last edited by pamsm : 02-05-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Big Buddy

mlbrjb is movin' on upmlbrjb is movin' on upmlbrjb is movin' on upmlbrjb is movin' on upmlbrjb is movin' on up

I've been enjoying the process. Some of the singers are really good this year.