Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2009, 06:51 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default Attitude

I am aware that several of our members are struggling with various issues lately - personal, financial, relational, etc. I thought it might help if I shared the words of Charles Swindoll concerning our attitudes. I often turn to this SEVERAL times a day to help me remember that I am responsible for how I react to things in my life. I share it with you all now, along with a wish that it bring you some peace, because when we realize that WE are in charge of our attitudes, it can enhance our sense of strength and belief in ourselves.

Love you all!!

ATTITUDE

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on Life. Attitude to me is more important than fact. It is more important than the past, than education and money, than circumstances, than failure, than success, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company... a church...a home. The remarkable thing is that we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the behavior of others...we can not change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play the string we have, and that is "Our Own Attitude." I am convinced that life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you...Each of us controls our own attitudes."

-- Charles Swindoll
Old 02-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Big Buddy

gayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIPgayle is a MBB VIP

thanks for the reminder about our ATTITUDE Magie
Old 02-09-2009, 07:20 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

AMEN Magie. I learned this the hard way and now it is a BIG part of my thinking.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Mentor

Sugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIPSugar is a MBB VIP

Thanks so much Magie for sharing this.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:44 AM
Big Buddy

beanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIPbeanie is a MBB VIP

Sure is something to keep in mind! I do try to remember its my "attitude", but sometimes I fall short, and then I'll have to go and apologize. Thanks for posting
Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie View Post
Sure is something to keep in mind! I do try to remember its my "attitude", but sometimes I fall short, and then I'll have to go and apologize. Thanks for posting
Well, dear, I actually look at it as a way to convince myself that I can overcome feeling bad about situations I need to confront or deal with. Because if I tell myself that "tomorrow will be a better day," or "it doesn't hurt as much as if . . .whatever. . ." or some other thing like that, it sometimes makes ME feel better, because I KNOW the reason I feel badly is coming from me and therefore, since I made myself feel badly, I can make myself feel better if I only realize it. Any problem is only as difficult as you think it is, ya know? (Does that make any sense?)

We all fall short of perfection and there are times when I really would like to reach up and break the middle finger of that a$$ who cut me off an then gave ME the finger. . .but, I don't even feel bad on those occasions and wouldn't apologize if I had the chance (I don't think)! Some people just plain DESERVE a kick in the pants.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 PM
Big Buddy

Tammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIPTammy is a MBB VIP

Thanks for sharing Magie
Old 02-09-2009, 01:12 PM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

thanks for sharing magie
Old 02-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiePerdu View Post
We cannot change our past...we cannot change the behavior of others...we can not change the inevitable.
Wonderful to hear this again! The above part is, to me, the secret to my serenity. If I work hard to stay in today, take ownership of my decisions and realize that control is an illusion (and some days are harder that others! ) then I can keep my smile . When I allow my attitude to be affected by things outside of myself, then I am giving away what little control I have.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Big Buddy

grams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIPgrams1952 is a MBB VIP

thank you Magie,,, It helps put our worries in place... try to face them with a smile....