Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2009, 09:20 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default A Chicken in Every Pot...and More Exciting Highlights from the Stimulus Bill

WASHINGTON—Millions of workers would soon see an extra $13 in their weekly paychecks (man, I know that $13/week is gonna go a long way toward stimulating the economy in my house! BTW, the local news this morning said it would be around $8, so $13 may not exactly be a conservative estimate...apparently this was written before final approval) (2nd BTW. . .how do you s'pose this will impact social security?) and thousands of small businesses operating in the red could get tax refunds under the economic recovery bill nearing completion in Congress. Businesses won't fare as well as they did in earlier versions of the legislation. But most of the tax cuts for families and individuals were preserved, though some were reduced.

http://www.boston.com/news/education...sses_tax_cuts/

Last edited by MagiePerdu : 02-17-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:00 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

maybe there is some hope
Old 02-17-2009, 10:19 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

What I have heard/read about Social Security...

no cost of living increases

raise age before you can collect benefits

raise income level that can be taxed for SS for workers

Also, each SS recepient would get a one time payment of $250.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:29 AM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Angry

PS...wonder how much his grandstanding trip to Denver is costing us? Security costs alone are horrendous
Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

I dunno how hopeful it makes me. I AM worried about SS. . .if they aren't collecting payroll taxes, where's the funding gonna come from? I'm neither an accountant nor a politician, nor have I read the complete bill, but it seems to be that not many have a reason to be truly excited over this compromise bill.

Quote:
The stimulus package, which passed with no Republican support in the House and three Republican votes in the Senate, aims to save or create up to 3.5 million jobs through government investment while boosting consumer spending through tax cuts.
http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_11712941

UmmmHmmmm. . .

Last edited by MagiePerdu : 02-17-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modemouth View Post
PS...wonder how much his grandstanding trip to Denver is costing us? Security costs alone are horrendous
Quote:
You, telling me the things you're gonna do for me.
I ain't blind and I don't like what I think I see.
Takin' it to the streets, takin' it to the streets,
no more need for runnin', takin' it to the streets. (Doobie Brothers)
Mr. Obama is "takin' it to the streets. . ." (It helps the popularity factor, ya know?)
Old 02-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Little Buddy

Chevytruckgirl is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down

The whole thing is a joke. It's not going to help the economy, it'll just put us in more debt to japan or whoever is funding this "package".
Old 02-17-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevytruckgirl View Post
The whole thing is a joke. It's not going to help the economy, it'll just put us in more debt to japan or whoever is funding this "package".

I heard last night it's not Japan...they are hurting too.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

This entire proposal is a farce. I can't believe some folks buy into this crap......I don't trust him or like Obama.......
Old 02-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

I stand by an earlier statement - The government cannot give to one without taking from another. The tax cut will only work if they cut government spending and I haven't seen ANY of that! (not that $13 is gonna make a difference anyway - inflation will take care of that!) Mr. Obama makes this big show of "saving" America, but none of it makes any sense. His platform was "change', but the only person on his cabinet that was not a member of the Clinton admin...is HILLARY!

The country is in for a roller coaster of a ride, IMHO. Think I'm gonna start burying my money in a Mason jar in the backyard.