Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Off-Line Deals
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Big Buddy

momnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud of
Default The Walgreens/Coupons Saga Continues

I had posted under Printable Coupons that one Walgreens said they wouldn't take internet coupons, even the ones on Walgreens website. I haven't had time to contact the corporate office about the Walgreens though.

Tonight on the local news they had a story about a woman and how she saved money using coupons and getting Register Rewards. She was in a Walgreens and they even interviewed the manager who didn't freak out on her coupon use.

Today I decided to ask about internet coupons at a different Walgreens. First I was told no internet coupons. Then they said I could use Walgreens ones. Then they said if the internet coupon goes through, then that is ok.

Then I was told I couldn't use regular coupons multiple times. For instance, on tv, the woman had three jars of Ragu and three coupons. They said I couldn't do this because it says "one coupon per purchase". I tried to explain that three items are three purchases. Then they went into a story about women who came from Houston with a bunch of coupons from many papers (I would think they had Houston papers, but not that they drove all the way into Baton Rouge from Houston- not worth the gas), They said they tried to buy like 10 of the same thing and that wasn't allowed. At this point, a woman manager who was involved in the conversation said "If the coupon allows you to get the item free or almost free, that is not allowed." WHAT??? I asked how many of the same coupon could I use at one time and was told "not too many". That was specific!!

Anyway rather than fight with anyone, I am going to try to find a Walgreens where they won't hassle me. Oh I did email Walgreens but they haven't responded.

New Orleans Saints, winners of the 2010 Super Bowl! WHO DAT!!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:01 AM
Big Buddy

NonieBaloney is a special memberNonieBaloney is a special member

They're making up the rules as they go. Let us know what Walgreens says when they respond to your email.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Big Buddy

Kathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributerKathy is a wonderful contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonieBaloney View Post
They're making up the rules as they go. Let us know what Walgreens says when they respond to your email.
I agree! That sounds crazy. I'd get on the phone to corporate. Better yet, go in and ask the manager for the district managers phone number and if she/he asks why let them know exactly why! Then if they say they don't have that available, ask for a regional manager/directors phone number. Don't stop until you get results. Why don't you contact a local news station? Here where I live we have news stations that have departments that help consumers and like to make a story out of it. Put Walgreens in the news for something like bad customer service and I think you'll see some results.

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye
Old 03-12-2009, 12:47 AM
Big Buddy

Michelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on upMichelle is movin' on up

I personally agree with you but I can tell you that Corp. Walgreens wont do anything. This is a huge issue for a lot of people and I have been reading about it all over another forum and these same people like you have contacted Wags. and the reply is basically "sorry but each store has the decision to do as they wish in regards to coupon use". So... with that said I would just try to locate another Walg. and hope for better luck!
Old 03-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Little Buddy

envy is a jewel in the rough

I've never stacked coupons to get anything for free so I was pretty nervous coming to my local Walgreens today. I had my explanations all planned out and everything. I bought the Garnier shampoo and had my manufacturer coupon out. I was going to wait for her to scan that before showing her the Easy Saver coupon, but before I could even do anything, she pulled out the Easy Saver catalog, found the coupon herself and scanned it, then scan my manu. coupon!!! And she was very friendly, too, said that she saved me $2. I'm not sure if it's just her or it's their store policy but I'm coming back!
Old 03-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

wow.....interesting differences between stores
Old 03-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Big Buddy

alice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
wow.....interesting differences between stores
it certainly is! i haven't had anything happen like momnick had, but it certainly seems to make a difference even depending on the cashier. i've been in wags three times this week. the first night was awful, bad cashier, manager so-so. the second time great cashier and i breezed right through. today the same cashier, another breeze, and a very friendly manager. i'm getting addicted to this!

Last edited by alice : 03-21-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Big Buddy

momnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud ofmomnick8 has much to be proud of

I went to a different Walgreens that local couponers suggested. I didn't have any internet coupons (actually I had that BOGO Coke one from the My Coke Rewards, but I forgot about it). I bought Scott's 12 tp, 6 Kleenex, one Kotex, two Huggies Wipes refills, Electrosal tabs, and a 99 cents box of Brownies mix. I had coupons for everything except the Huggies and the mix. It came to $33 after tax, I used an $8 rewards coupon and got a $10 rewards coupon back for spending $25 on the tp, tissues, Kotex and wipes. So basically I paid $15 for all of that. And except for asking me if I had bought the Electrasol, while she scanned the coupon and said "Well, it won't take it if you didn't anyway", everything went smoothly. The only thing that didn't go smoothly is that there were no carts and you should have seen me trying to balance all that in one small basket.

And I will get a dollar back on Easy Saver rebate on the Electrasol, I think. Also while I was in the store, I found a coupon for $2 off two boxes of Cokes or two bottles and a Nabisco crackers purchase. So I can use the $10 with that because I need Diet Cokes anyway. There was no way I was going to be able to balance two cartons of Cokes and a box of crackers, too! And isn't there a deal on Cokes right now, too?

New Orleans Saints, winners of the 2010 Super Bowl! WHO DAT!!
Old 03-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Big Buddy

alice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fansalice has a lot of fans

glad to hear that trip went better! yes, think there's a coke deal. i don't drink the stuff so i didn't pay attention. even gave my bogo coke coupon away to some lady at walmart. i know what you mean about those baskets! wish they had carts too. one of the reasons (good excuse) that i've been in wags so many times lately is not just all the deals but that they've had a few booboo's on the receipts that i needed to fix plus can't get it all done in a lunch hour. and when i'm in there i see deals i didn't even plan for or need to get more coupons for. our wags is getting much better now. it was so new that they didn't have clearance before and now they do. plus they stopped making me come up with a wags coupon for every darn multiple. they now just re-scan the same coupon. and they've started putting out tear pads so you don't have to rip up 17 easysaver books for one coupon. i've been finding peelies and great tear pads all over the place!
Old 03-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Big Buddy

Mingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shakerMingo831 is a mover and a shaker

I shop alot at the MANY Walgreen's here in town, keep bouncing back and forth between 3o f them. The service I get all depends on who is working. I do know the other day one of my great checkers had to call the manager since I had over like 7 coupons, guess there new policy, but they all checkd out ok and went right thru. The manager did ask if I had Q's for the Glade products on sale and I didn't. Wanted to say. "Nope used all them earlier in the week"......LOL

Each store makes it own policy, so just find another one that you like and will use your Q's.