Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Message Board How-Tos
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member
Wink What are "Cookies" and Why Should You Care?

I have read a lot of post or replies where some members are able to access an offer page while others are not. With all of the technology we have to protect our computers as well as speed up the down loading of information, sometimes we don't always "see" what we want to see on our screens, lol!

Cookies are little mini programs installed in your PC when you visit a web-site that allow you to access the same site more quickly or have it "remember you".

This is convienent as in logging in here at Bargain Buddy's, once you click the "remember me" box, you do not need to sign in again...you have enabled harmless "cookies".

However, if you are trying to re-visit a form for a free offer, perhaps to sign up a family member sometimes you are unable to complete the form. You may have cookies stored from the website in your PC. I clear all of my cookies once every few days...it's easy!!

Click on tools at the top of your screen, click on internet opitons and then in the middle where it says "temporary internet files" click on "delete cookies". Basic housekeeping 101...and this way the next time you click on an offer order form you'll know you're looking at a true link, not something that was stored temporarily in your PC!

More about browser settings and pop up/ad blockers tomorrow!

Lori Ann
Old 05-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

thanks Lori Ann...
I am so not computer saavy....
Old 05-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Big Buddy

Lori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special memberLori Ann is a special member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by critbunny
thanks Lori Ann...
I am so not computer saavy....
Neither am I, lol. But it's never too late to learn and I'm trying to learn everything I can about blogs, linking, site creation, do's & don'ts, etc... That stuff which I think is useful I'll post here. I could barely manage a post here the first week of the forum, I was a total web N00bie ...

Lori Ann
Old 05-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Admin

Christine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIPChristine is a MBB VIP

me tooo....I've learned so much here. Copy and paste is second nature
Old 05-12-2006, 05:17 AM
MVP

Kelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIPKelly is a MBB VIP

I looked and it didn't have any cookies to delete. And I couldn't find anywhere it said temporary files. Maybe I did it right because when I went to post in this thread it told me I wasn't logged in yet. Thank you for your help Lori Ann. You're the best
Old 05-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Big Buddy

Wink

I'm just hoping that if I keep posting some of the tips I've learned it will help the other members to have a more fruitful experience here. Karen, Lindsey and Mary had to respond to ton's of my PMs asking questions when I first got here, lol! I'm just passing along what they taught me!

Lori Ann

P.S.
I STILL PM them with questions, hee, hee, hee...
Old 05-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

I have SBC/AT&T Yahoo! DSL and if I clear all my cookies, I have to redo the login screen for my e-mail. *sigh* No biggie, but usually I just manually clear each cookie.

Regardless, clearing all your cookies won't EVER harm your computer! (Some people claim that it can...usually because they are depending on that cookie to track your movements!) If anything, they'll help it run smoother and faster...just might have to put one or two cookies back, which we should all do anyways.

An even better thing to do is to get a program like Ad-Aware SE and
use that to clear all tracking cookies and adware and spyware from your computer.

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 05-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Big Buddy

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey-star
I have SBC/AT&T Yahoo! DSL and if I clear all my cookies, I have to redo the login screen for my e-mail. *sigh* No biggie, but usually I just manually clear each cookie.

Regardless, clearing all your cookies won't EVER harm your computer! (Some people claim that it can...usually because they are depending on that cookie to track your movements!) If anything, they'll help it run smoother and faster...just might have to put one or two cookies back, which we should all do anyways.

An even better thing to do is to get a program like Ad-Aware SE and
use that to clear all tracking cookies and adware and spyware from your computer.

Thanks Lindsey!

I wanted to do a post on pop-up/ad blockers and adjusting your browser settings! I had a lot of problems my first week here because I couldn't "see" what everyone else was seeing. Karen told me to click on my "Norton Internet Security" icon and disable the pop-up blockers. Wow! All the sudden I could see the website addresses that had previously been hidden!

Maybe you could do the post for us?

I already merged two other threads with the "Helpful Freebie Resources" thread. I hope these mini tutorials will be helpful for our members.

Lori Ann
Old 05-12-2006, 01:04 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP
Cool

Now I am hungry!!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

lol!!

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW