Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Chit-Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Mentor

Missy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on upMissy is movin' on up

Thank you all so much for your help!grin The navy has placed the family with tempoarary lodging here on base until they get some goods & furnishings for another house. The insurance adjusters are not even expected to arrive for a few days. The bad news is that they have only been here for 2 weeks and they were barely unpacked, on a little brighter note, they may be able to retrieve an inventory list from the movers so that the insurance adjusters can file a better claim. The elementary school PTO has donated another $500 wal-mart card for toiletries & clothing for a family of 4. And even though most of the surrounding neighbors have not been properly introduced yet, there has been an overwhelming amount of helping hands & support, along with some more food gift cards & used toys. And lets not forget that here on base we have duplexes, and even though the adjoining neighbors' home did not burn down, they did however receive a considerable amount of smoke damage to all of their belongings. They are not in need of much, but they are straight out of high school & they did not have any renters insurance. So again, please, if there is anything any one would like to donate, let us know so we can divide it amongest the two families. Thank you
Old 02-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Big Buddy

sckayla is a jewel in the rough

The little girl is 8 years old and in a size 10, 11 or 12 you know how it is the cut of the jeans is the size she is in. As for the little boy he is 5 years old and in a size 5. Donations can either be picked up, dropped off at either 9 or 11 Von Steuben or at the school I think. Thanks again for all your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apneujahr
Hey there sckayla! I sent you a private msg about some clothes and stuff.... i just wanted ask another question... when is a good time to stop them by?
Old 02-07-2006, 03:26 AM
Big Buddy

martham52 is a jewel in the rough
Default kids clothes

I would be willing to get a few things for the kids. Could we get sizes? Where should these be sent?
Old 02-07-2006, 04:25 AM
Big Buddy

Thank you so much. The little girl is 8 years old and in a size 10, 11 or 12 you know how it is the cut of the jeans is the size she is in as for tops she is thin but tall so I would say 9, 10 for tops. As for the little boy he is 5 years old and in a size 5.
You can mail any donations to me Stacy Kunzelman, 11 Von Steuben Street, Goose Creek, SC 29445. The family is in temporary lodging right now in Navy housing. The are all doing well and the children are doing fine as well.
I have gotten some emails from freecycle and will go out today and pick up some things that some people have donated to them
Thank you again for all your help.
Stacy glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by martham52
I would be willing to get a few things for the kids. Could we get sizes? Where should these be sent?
Old 02-07-2006, 11:38 AM
New Buddy

shaunawulf is a jewel in the rough

Are the children boys, girls, one of each? I have a comforter/sheet set that I bought and was going to return because it wasn't quite what I thought. It's light purple/lavender with butterflies (sheets match-twin size), and a more "masculine" patchwork/denim look twin size comforter.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Big Buddy

lindsey-star is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunawulf
Are the children boys, girls, one of each? I have a comforter/sheet set that I bought and was going to return because it wasn't quite what I thought. It's light purple/lavender with butterflies (sheets match-twin size), and a more "masculine" patchwork/denim look twin size comforter.
Shauna,
Yes, 1 girl (8) and 1 boy (5). The donations can be sent to:
Stacy Kunzelman, 11 Von Steuben Street, Goose Creek, SC 29445

The truth is more important than the facts.
-FLW
Old 02-07-2006, 11:53 AM
New Buddy

shaunawulf is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, Lindsey! Guess I could have gone to the second page and actually read it! I'll get the stuff packed up!
Old 02-07-2006, 12:04 PM
New Buddy

wattskev is a jewel in the rough

Stacy,

What about games... Did the little boy have a gameboy or anything like that. We were getting ready to buy Kody a new gameboy so we could send him Kody's old one. I'm sure I can convince him to get rid of some of his games. Of course we only have little boy games. The clothes I have will not fit but I will check with Kim and see about Cameron's clothes. I will check with the Family Support Center here and see if they can donate anything...
Old 02-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Big Buddy

Hey Misty,

The kids had gameboy SP's I think she said today when I spoke with her. The little boy is a size 5 and the little girl is size 10, 11, 12. I gave them all of Kayla's stuff she out grew and the kids are looking for things (toys) in there rooms to give the the little boy and girl.
As you saw in all the pictures I sent to you they did lose just about everything. When I talked with them today she said that her silver was ok. She has been in and out of the house all day.

Thanks again,
Stacy

Kiss my kids please

Quote:
Originally Posted by wattskev
Stacy,

What about games... Did the little boy have a gameboy or anything like that. We were getting ready to buy Kody a new gameboy so we could send him Kody's old one. I'm sure I can convince him to get rid of some of his games. Of course we only have little boy games. The clothes I have will not fit but I will check with Kim and see about Cameron's clothes. I will check with the Family Support Center here and see if they can donate anything...
Old 02-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Big Buddy

Default Mybargainbuddy donation

I want to give a big thanks to Karen for her donation to the family I will be sure to give it to them first thing in the morning. Thanks again for everything Karen. glow

Stacy