Online Clearance Shopping, Free Shipping, Online Sales and Coupons at MyBargainBuddy.com

Go Back   MyBargainBuddy Forums > Help Me
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP
Default Front Loading appliances/HE detergent

BFAds shows a PAIR of LG front loaders that are gonna be on sale on Black Friday. . .the pair for under $800. I am thinking about getting these, but know nothing about HE detergents. . .anyone use HE detergent and/or have a brand they would recommend? The SO and I are both allergic to Tide and he's allergic to several others, so it is actually a big consideration for us.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:13 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

http://sunandearth.com/productdetailspage.aspx?Pid=3

I use all of their products. The spray cleaner is also superb...
Old 11-16-2009, 05:18 PM

Modemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIPModemouth is a MBB VIP

www.alice.com will ship 6 items for free
Old 11-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Mentor

Nan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributerNan is a wonderful contributer

We both have sensitive skin and we use the All Small & Mighty Free & Clear. The 3X is rated for HE. I have a set of Maytag's Epic Z's and that was what was recommended. We already used that brand, so I was really glad that it worked in my new machine. It also regularly goes on sale. Last week, Walgreen's had it for 3.99 + they had a $1.00 coupon and I had several $1 coupons, so I got 5 bottles for $1.99 each. It's regularly $5.99.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:44 PM
Big Buddy

MagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIPMagiePerdu is a MBB VIP

Thanks for the asssitance, ladies! Nan, I actually do use the All Free & Clear now, so it's good news that I can use the 3x in the new machine!
Old 11-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Little Buddy

dkride4 is on a distinguished road

I love my front loading HE washing machine. I actually dilute my HE detergent by 1/2 and it works fine. Remember, the detergent company wants to sell lots of detergent so the amounts they recommend are high. My clothes come out fresh and clean with less. I also dilute the fabric softener but not quite as much since I don't like static but I do like soft.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkride4 View Post
I love my front loading HE washing machine. I actually dilute my HE detergent by 1/2 and it works fine. Remember, the detergent company wants to sell lots of detergent so the amounts they recommend are high. My clothes come out fresh and clean with less. I also dilute the fabric softener but not quite as much since I don't like static but I do like soft.
Oh, thank you, dkride! That was another question I had (softeners). . .didn't know if I could use the "fill 'er up" ball thingie in the wash or if I needed to use dryer sheets or one of those new dryer bars. Just wasn't sure if I could use another liquid in the washer.

Also (sort of a BTW), the SO complains to me that if I use softeners in the wash when I do a load of towels, it COATS them with something that keeps them from absorbing water when he tries to towel dry. Personally, I think he's waterlogged, but. . .he insists (prolly READ it somewhere!). . .anyone else have a thought on using softeners on towels??
Old 11-24-2009, 09:23 AM

I never use softener on towels because of the same reason your SO says. In fact I rarely use it. Maybe a sheet in dryer for some things that may get clingy BUT it messes with dryer filter. Even though you can't see it, it clogs. Check for clogs by seeing if water runs through the filter.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Big Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modemouth View Post
www.alice.com will ship 6 items for free
Hey, Mary. . .thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten about Alice!! I just placed an order for HE bleach, booster, detergent, fabric softener, etc. What I didn't realize is that you HAVE to order 6 items, altho they kindly popped me a notice that said since it was my first time they'd waive that, but I went back and got paper towels and garbage bags (which I needed!) too!
Old 11-28-2009, 05:12 AM
Big Buddy

freebiemom is on a distinguished roadfreebiemom is on a distinguished road

Adding vinegar to your load is a natural softener as well!